OhioGuidestone works for every person and family to reach happiness. With our family services, we lead children, parents, and individuals towards ways to change their situations for the better.We know in our hearts that when we care for others, we are stronger. That's why we speak the truth and deliver on our promises.
Impact Lives. Inspire Change. Be the Solution.
Since 1864, we ve been an integral part of the Berea community, proudly rooted in faith and a legacy of serving children and families. While our roots remain in Berea, we ve grown to support children and families statewide. OhioGuidestone is always looking for passionate people to make a difference in our communities. You can impact lives and inspire change right in your own backyard. Apply today to work at the largest non-profit, mental health service provider in Ohio. We offer
trainings, a great support system, educationbonuses
, and much more! Full time employees are also offeredPAID
medical benefits for you and your family!
OhioGuidestone is seeking a motivated, energetic, and versatile Director of Compliance. The Director of Compliance reports to the Vice President and General Counsel and provides a broad range of substantive compliance services to and on behalf of the agency and its affiliates. The ideal candidate will have legal, regulatory and/or compliance experience in behavioral health or healthcare field, as well as strong oral and written communication; willingness to learn; ability to think creatively; excellent judgment; and superior problem-solving skills. Will also consider internal candidates with notable clinical experience, strong supervisory skills and a demonstrated commitment to the agency compliance program. Candidates with a juris doctorate degree encouraged and accepted.Essential Functions
- Oversight and implementation of the Compliance Program.
- Identifying and assessing compliance risks on a regular basis. Investigating potential new areas of risk and reporting through PQI Compliance and/or PQI Risk Management.
- Evaluating effectiveness of compliance program/controls and working with programs to ensure compliance deficiencies are remediated in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and drafting all policies and procedures relevant to compliance matters.
- Monitoring of changes in rules, regulations and standards; updating of agency procedures and policies as needed; and communicating changes to program directors for implementation.
- Obtaining and maintaining licensure for clinical services and locations.
- Maintaining and renewing Council on Accreditation and EAGLE accreditations.
- Tracking of internal and external audits and providing reports to Executive Leadership and PQI Compliance.
- Investigating reports or allegations regarding possible unethical or inappropriate practices, determining if violations occurred and coordinating with Legal, Finance and Human Resources regarding the development of a corrective action plan and disciplinary action if required.
- Being a resource to departments and services regarding compliance issues.
- Develop, review and/or approve all compliance-related agency trainings.
- Oversight of record destruction within the agency.
- Ensures compliance with internal standards and goals, contract/grant specifications, state and federal laws and regulations, as well as licensing, regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Direct supervision of assigned staff including hiring, supervision and development, including the development of leadership and supervisory skills necessary to ensure agency success. Demonstrates and models positive leadership and presents the agency in the most positive light with all internal and external contacts.
- Oversight of the internal audit functions. Supervises the agency s Record Auditors. Working with the internal auditors to enhance internal control to reduce risk to the organization.
- Acts as the HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of agency s privacy policies practices and procedures in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating and taking action on all complaints concerning the agency s privacy policies and procedures in coordination with legal counsel, when necessary.
- Oversees and ensures the rights of agency clients to inspect, amend, and restrict access to protected health information, when appropriate.
- Ensures delivery of HIPAA/HITECH and Fraud, Waste and Abuse training to all employees and applicable volunteers.
- Ensures compliance with privacy practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with privacy policies in cooperation with Human Resources and legal counsel, as applicable.
- Works to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices within the agency. Maintains knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy and security laws and accreditation standards and monitors advancements in information technologies to ensure agency adaptation and compliance.
Performance Requirements/Physical Requirements
- Supervises the agency s Client Advocacy function, including oversight of internal and external incident reporting processes and assuring the integrity of practices related to client supervision and care.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Works flexible hours
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Requires typing and computer literacy, including Windows applications, Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail and basic database usage.
- English reading and writing skills required
- Interacts verbally with coworkers, representatives from outside agencies, and families
- Ability to delegate, manage people, and evaluate staff and programs
- Legal, regulatory and/or compliance experience in behavioral health or healthcare field preferred, as well as strong oral and written communication skills. Will also consider internal candidates with notable clinical experience, strong supervisory skills and a demonstrated commitment to the agency compliance program. Candidates with a juris doctorate degree encouraged and accepted.
At OhioGuidestone we care about the health and safety of our employees. OhioGuidestone requires applicants to complete a pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an offer of employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint background screening, physical, Tuberculosis test, and drug screen after an employment offer is made. Any employment offer is contingent upon receipt of all satisfactory pre-employment screenings.
Committed to creating a more diverse community, we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. EEO/M/F/H/VIND15