Ovid is looking for a passionate, dynamic and collaborative individual to lead global market access for our phase 2 rare epilepsy asset, soticlestat which is being co-developed with Takeda. The Director of Market Access will be responsible for the successful development, planning, and execution of all aspects of Market Access for soticlestat. This unique role will operate at the intersection of both Ovid and Takeda and will be responsible for all Market Access, HEOR, Pricing strategies and initiatives for the asset. This position reports to the VP of Global Market Access within the Commercial Organization.
As the company nears the end of phase 2 development for the rare epilepsy asset, this person will work with the program team to inform the pivotal study design and drive payer focused tactics to support reimbursement and access at launch. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
- Responsible for Global payer strategic planning to support value and access optimization.
- Lead development of market access strategy which integrates- evidence generation roadmap, strategic pricing, stakeholder engagement to support successful reimbursement and pricing.
- Ensure the development, delivery and maintenance of the global value proposition, global pricing strategy, supportive market access evidence, health economic models, and global value dossier.
- Lead strategy and tactical execution to engage as a company representative with payer, patient advocacy, and health care provider stakeholder interactions that will support access and reimbursement objectives.
- Serve as market access strategy and launch readiness lead for Ovid internally and in key meetings with partner. Collaborate and drive alignment across asset team and leadership to integrate market access strategy and resourcing for product reimbursement success post regulatory approval.
- Provide input into clinical development programs to capture value, align to what is meaningful to patients, support a differentiated TPP, and ensure the right evidence is collected to support reimbursement and pricing negotiations.
- Accountable for the market access and payer perspective to be reflected in cross functional strategies (product development, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, commercial).
- Maintain industry awareness and identify/react appropriately to changes in market trends, competition, product acceptance and new product releases and adjust Market Access plans accordingly.
- Experience in Global role and deep working knowledge of both US and ex-US healthcare reimbursement and healthcare systems required.
- Experience and expertise in HEOR and Pricing.
- Strong practical, quantitative and analytical skills combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in rare disease and or neurology specialty medicine commercialization and drug development.
- Scientific understanding, learning agility, with judgment that reflects reasoned and creative business views and the ability to interact with and influence colleagues across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, dynamic, enthusiastic, decisive, and self-motivated; possesses a sense of urgency with the ability and strong desire to “make things happen”.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas.
- Intelligent, creative, and highly articulate individual with excellent communication skills who can relate to people at all levels of the company and maintains transparency both internally and externally.
- Passionate, empathetic, and driven to develop affordable medicines for patients.
- High degree of integrity and acts ethically and compliantly at all times.