Director Of Proposals - Altamira Technologies Corporation
Altamira Technologies has a long and successful history providing innovative solutions throughout the U.S. National Security community. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities worldwide by focusing on creating innovative solutions leveraging common standards in architecture, data and security. Altamira believes that our people and the culture of our company differentiate us from other companies.
We focus on recruiting talented, self-motivated employees that strive to find a way to get things done. Join our team of experts as we engineer national security!
Altamira is seeking a Director of Proposals in McLean, VA.
- Job Responsibilities:Manage the full proposal process to develop written proposals in accordance with Shipley and Altamira standard processes and templates.
- Act as the single point of contact for proposal team members.
- Apply best practices to ensure that proposal submissions are compliant with the RFP instructions and delivered on time.
- Produce and perform rigorous quality assurance on both draft and final products.
- Work with the response team to determine author assignments and integrate win strategy, themes, and discriminators into proposal as the framework of the response.
- Support capture team activities to gain an appropriate understanding of the sales strategy and how it clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key messages, value proposition, and differentiators against our competition.
- Lead and drive proposal strategy meetings to discuss themes, discriminators, solution, etc.
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts to capture information necessary to respond to RFP requirements.
- Provide insight, leadership, and work guidance to authors on all proposal content.
- Contribute to and manage proposal content.
- Develop the overall proposal schedule, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal development plan, and writing assignments.
- Ensure the formatting and layout of the proposal volumes are compliant with the solicitation.
- Coordinate activities involved in the development of Final Proposal Revisions (FPR).
- Ensure high-quality content and appearance of the final proposal product and the on-time delivery of the proposal.
- Conduct proposal lessons learned and document and implement actions to improve overall process.
- Support other business development initiatives such as supporting market survey and white paper development.
- Lead a proposal team across the country.
- Qualifications:10-20 years of proposal development experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree, but Master’s Preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance. (TS/ SCI preferred).
- Strong experience with analyzing RFP requirements; assisting teams with solutioning; identifying discriminators and developing themes; organizing resources; developing and managing schedules; and conducting proposal reviews.
- Ability to review and edit proposal content to ensure compliancy, clarity, and incorporation of win strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Adobe Acrobat. Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Strong desktop publishing, formatting, and editing skills desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate tasks and objectives to all members of the proposal team.
- Experience with anticipating and resolving proposal challenges and issues.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to meet deadlines.
- APMP Practitioner- or Foundation-level certification desired
Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.