ChenMed is a medical center based in Florida, United States. The medical center is dedicated to providing value-centered quality healthcare for seniors. The organization aims to become leading American care providing medical center. ChenMed aims to provide superior and affordable care for the senior citizens of the city. They merge passion with purpose. Their purpose is to serve the community with their quality ensured medicated care. They have a loving, responsible, and passionate environment. ChenMed has a cooperative community of team members. They seek to hire people with appropriate skills and intelligent minds to provide patient-centered care for senior citizens.
The Director, Ops Excellence leads the Ops Excellence COE. This role, reports to the Managing Director of Operations (Temp to Director, Learning and Development). This internal consultant works to ensure that the 4Ps (playbooks, policies, processes, and procedures) are aligned, kept up to date, and communicated with the staff. Ultimately, this role helps ensure the market's success. This role will work closely with the Learning and Development, Quality, Compliance, and Clinical COE to ensure that work being done connects seamlessly and provides for an outstanding patient experience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Acting in a consultative capacity, owns the design, development, rollout, and continuous improvement of Operations' playbooks, processes, policies, procedures, programs, tools and success metrics, including but not limited to the following:
o Consults with market and organizational leadership to establish missing Operations' processes, policies, or procedures.
o Audits existing Operations process, policy, and procedure documentation for gaps and improvement opportunities.
o Works with other COEs to identify gaps in processes, policies, or procedures that impact Operations.
o Where gaps are identified, creates documented Operations' policies and procedures or works with other COEs to create policies and procedures that impact Operations.
o Engages subject matter experts to evaluate newly created policies and procedures.
o Approves/gets approval of created or changed policies and procedures.
o Communicates and sets expectations on approved playbooks, processes, policies, and procedures directly to Operations employees or through communication from Operations' leadership.
o Provides approved policies and procedures to Quality for measurement and adherence.
o Serves as the escalation point for questions or specific situations requiring interpretation of Operations' playbooks, processes, policies, or procedures.
• With leadership consultation, develops key operational metrics to assess Operations effectiveness.
• Monitors key measures and alerts market and organizational leadership of operational effectiveness opportunities.
• Manages demand, prioritization, and scoping of requests that impact Operations.
• Evaluates identified operational challenges and works closely with other COEs to create programs or initiatives to improve quality or decrease cost.
• Ensures employees are aware of and have access to Operations' policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
o Maintains Operations' Playbook, Policy, and Procedure page through the marketing COE.
o Identifies Operations' policies, procedures, or programs that may require additional communication and training.
o Works with the Learning and Development COE to determine if a training intervention is appropriate or necessary.
o Where training is identified as a solution, ensures policies and/or procedures exist and are up-to-date.
o Provides subject matter expertise and content approval to the Learning and Development COE as training is developed.
o Implements training initiatives throughout Operations through the Certified Training Centers.
o With stakeholder input, selects and trains operational staff to function as Certified Training Center buddies.
o Assesses the quality of selected buddies against established quality standards.
o Functions as an operations trainer when necessary.
• Seeks and incorporates feedback from executives and other internal stakeholders and builds Operations best practices, and capacity.
• Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Exceptional ability to influence peers and executives without formal reporting relationships/authority.
• Skills in strategy development, analytics, large-scale organizational change, and internal consulting.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated capabilities in building highly functioning teams, developing others, and influencing director and executive level stakeholders.
• Expert ability to effectively manage demand, manage expectations, and deliver multiple, overlapping projects.
• Superior resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
• Strong commitment to an iterative approach to innovation and continuous improvement.
• High degree of objectivity and analytical skill.
• Exceptional written, presentation production/delivery, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong desire and willingness to provide both consultative/advisory support and hands-on execution.
• Ability to very rapidly master new systems and tools and effectively teach others.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to assemble or lead cross functional project teams and go from conception design phase to implementation.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in business management, health care administration, or industrial engineering preferred.
• Three (3) years' health care industry experience; with a primary focus in in primary care management, outpatient clinics, or other healthcare operations.
• Experience with Lean Six Sigma highly desirable, preferably at a green belt or higher.
• Project management experience highly desirable.