Duff and Phelps, a multinational financial consultancy firm, founded in 1932 by William Duff and George Phelps in Chicago, Illinois, US.
Current CEO is Noah Gottdiener.
They were founded to advocate fairness and transparency in public as well as the private sectors. They provide financial services to maximize value for clients. They offer services in the following areas of valuation, disputes and investigations, cybersecurity, and regulatory issues. They are leading global providers of risk solutions and the leaders in complex business services and have approximately 4000 skilled professionals in 25 countries around the world.
Main headquarters are in New York, United States.
They make an annual revenue of approximately $925 million (USD).
They differentiate themselves in their commitment to question assumptions, critically analyze the facts and provide the clients with what they need to know to make favorable decisions.
* Success Profile
What makes a successful Transaction Advisory employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
* Relationship expertise
* Deadline oriented
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Duff & Phelps offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
* Analyst leads to Senior Associate
* Senior Associate leads to Vice President
* Vice President leads to Director
* Director leads to Managing Director
* Managing Director ends this path
Back to Job Navigation (Career Path)
"I work with some of the smartest people in this business. My job affords me the opportunity to analyze different companies and meet and work with new people. We work hard and provide our clients with the best possible service, but at the same time my position provides me the flexibility I need with a family."
Don Levy Director, M&A Transaction Advisory Services, New York
* Duff & Phelps advised the Oneida Group on the sale of its Commercial Foodservice division to Crown Brands.
* Duff & Phelps advised Hampshire Pet Products, LLC on its acquisition by Red Collar Pet Foods.
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
* Professional Development
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
* Global Presence
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Job ID 20000154 New York, New York
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps' Transaction Advisory Services practice provides seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination to closing.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career.
* Operations Advisory professionals analyze the financial and operational performance of target companies by reviewing financial accounting records, examining operational performance reports, evaluating day-to-day company operations, and conducting interviews with management.
* Manage operations assessment engagements in support of buy-side and sell-side transactions for private equity and corporate clients
* Analyze financial reports and operations KPIs to determine operational health, diagnose root cause problems, and quantify opportunities for improvement
* Assess company operations functional practices (people, process, technology): manufacturing, procurement, logistics, and SG&A / organization
* Develop the business case for improvement: EBITDA and free cash flow opportunity and the timeline and any investment required
* Identify post-acquisition operations improvement and/or merger integration work plan to achieve EBITDA targets
* Diagnose operations issues that underlie rapidly declining asset performance and/or cash flow issues with or without restructuring teammates
* Use marketplace trends and operations know-how to provide insight to M&A client
* Mentor D&P vice presidents, senior associates, and analysts
* Minimum of 6 years of related operations analysis and advisory management consulting
* Bachelor's degree and MS or MBA preferrer
* Demonstrated leadership of consulting engagement teams
* Experience in transaction diligence, both public and private equity
* Competence in presenting results to company management, private equity owners, and other stakeholders
* Expertise assessing company operations: manufacturing, procurement, logistics, and SG&A / organization
* Working knowledge of manufacturing business applications/technologies
* Experience with mid-cap companies: ~$50 to 500m revenue, ~$5 to 50m EBITDA
* Prior role in industry as a program manager or operations manager is a plus
* Demonstrated superior analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated interpersonal and client relationships skills
* Proven written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with focus on PowerPoint and Excel
* Flexibility to travel, as needed
* Always a sense of urgency
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.