Dionex embodies passion for the science of chromatography, delivers power in the technologies behind our products, and productivity for the industries that shape the world. We pursue a strategy of diversity in our products, markets, and geographic locations, leveraging our technologies to ensure consistent progress. Our technological strength and leadership are rooted in our customer focus. Dionex was founded to help chemists automate and eliminate repetitive, time-consuming tasks. Solutions are at the heart of everything we do.
District Sales Manager, Instrument Sales
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, and you ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Genetic Sciences Division is a $1. 7 billion business with 1100+ employees across the globe. GSD provides high value genomic information to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets, including Basic Research, Clinical Research, Diagnostics, Forensics and AGBio.
How will you make an impact?
The District Manager, Genetic Science Division (GSD), will be responsible for leading the sales team driving business in the genetic analysis space (sequencing and quantitative PCR). In addition, this person will ensure there is an intense focus on the customer, sales force effectiveness, price optimization, targeted promotions, and an effective sales channel strategy. He/she will be responsible for developing, motivating, and retaining a high performing team.
Responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Scientific products to specified accounts comprising the assigned large territory: OK, AK, LA, TX, IA, KS, MO.
What will you do?
Candidate must be located within the territory with a strong preference for Houston or St. Louis. Overnight travel 50-75% depending on location.How will you get here?
- Implement commercial strategies to ensure achievement of the annual operating plan.
- Maintain robust monthly, quarterly and long term forecasting processes.
- Consistently monitors results of sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Siebel system and other designated IT tools.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a highly -networked internal company environment
- Driving growth of the GSD business via our channel partners including Fisher Scientific and our Biosciences channels.
- Regularly provide feedback of field and market intelligence to influence to sales, marketing and division leadership.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Genetic Analysis technologies, products, markets and customer buying practices required to effectively manage a sales team to compete and grow the business.
- Ensures that comprehensive product and application knowledge is used to effectively understand customer needs and position solutions to drive business performance
- Serves as a role model and coach to the front line sales team in all aspects of the sales process and customer relationship management.
- Control expenses against pre-established budget and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Attract, develop and retain sales reps. Build teams, inspire others and resolve conflicts. Openly communicate, develop the team and manage performance.
- Bachelor s Degree: Biology, Molecular Biology, biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Master s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Life Science Research and Clinical Markets (PCR/qPCR, CE/NGS, Microarrays and is highly desirable)
- Track record of consistent sales? achievement
- 7+ years of senior sales rep experience
- Managing accounts, sales and client relationships
- Managing sales teams (strongly preferred)
- Setting sales strategies and coaching for selling effectiveness
- Analyzing industry & markets
- Planning business, forecasting and budgeting resources
- Capital Equipment experience
- Understanding of the Academic, Industrial and Government Life Sciences environment
- An intense focus on the customer.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership and sales management capabilities.
- A strong personal character coupled with a broad business acumen and intellect, vital competencies essential to navigating complex and dynamic market conditions.
- A successful track record of managing and growing revenue and profitability.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced business culture.
- An ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop aggressive and innovative sales strategies to capitalize on those opportunities.
- The ability to think clearly and critically, articulate a vision, and inspire others to follow.
- The fortitude to take risks and is able to make objective fact based decisions using hard data as well as intuition and experience.
- Develop, write, and execute a business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly. The plan will include growth of current business and development of under-penetrated markets.