For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2016 sales and revenues of $38.537 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
JOB SUMMARY: Review and process document packages returned from Caterpillar dealers and Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC) customers in order to ensure completeness based on finance type and credit conditions and to ensure compliance with all accounting and credit policies prior to the initiation of booking and funding. Transactions reviewed for funding may include, retail financing from Caterpillar dealers, retail financing via direct lending to customer and option financing or lease extensions for current CFSC lease customers. May perform CFCA account balancing and reconciliation, credit and debit transactions, resolve systems errors with transactions and dealer funding and may add, waive or reverse late charges, finance charges, document fees, small balances and transaction fees. May create billing, subsidiary accounts and invoices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures that all documentation is present and complete in order to meet the requirements for both the finance type and credit approval.
2. Maintains information for pending reports to ensure timely funding of all transactions, communicating with the customer, Caterpillar dealer or Credit Analyst to obtain information to complete document file.
3. Submits transactions to the Documentation Manager for audit prior to funding.
4. Orders lien searches for any transactions that fall outside of PMSI due to delivery date or require a search due to credit policy or conditions and liaises with Collateral Services to obtain for the status of lien searches or precipitating subordination requests.
5. Verifies adequate insurance coverage for each transaction prior to funding based on finance type and credit conditions.
6. Final prices transactions within required parameters for finance type, rate, etc. in order to ensure proper subsidy programs have been utilized and equipment has been transferred to the obligor within the Caterpillar systems.
7. Books and funds transactions within CFSC’s origination and leasing systems making corrections and final pricing the transactions when necessary.
8. Maintains information within CustomerExpress for the accurate and timely dispatch of the various funding reports to notify treasury, the LKE tax department and the Caterpillar dealers of daily funding.
9. Notifies Cat Insurance that funds are sent when customer purchases Cat Insurance coverage.
10. Calculates interim interest when applicable.
11. Utilizes documentation to verify or update customer information in CustomerExpress, FinancExpress and InfoLease.
12. Prepares and processes wire transfers when applicable.
13. Processes direct debit payments within InfoLease when applicable.
14. Implements calculations as applicable for each contract with variable rates.
15. Provides documentation for subsidy and works with the Sales Support Representatives to help resolve grief items.
16. Communicates via telephone with each new financing customer to welcome customers to Caterpillar Financial thanking them for their business and confirming contact information.
17. Communicates with dealers, territory managers and internal CFSC departments to ensure that any missing or inaccurate items within the documentation package are resolved efficiently.
18. Communicates with dealers to provide any additional reporting that will be useful for the dealership. Reports may include dealer snapshot reports or additional information on pending transactions or daily funding.
19. Participates in communication with customers within the parameters of the Welcome Calls initiative.
20. Trains dealer personnel on FinancExpress, SignaturExpress and document requirements, when applicable.
21. May perform CFCA account balancing and reconciliation for the TSYS transactions.
22. May initiate credit and debit transactions to dealer, subsidiary and customer accounts.
23. May resolve systems errors with transactions and dealer funding.
24. May add, waive or reverse late charges, finance charges, document fees, small balances and transaction fees.
25. May create billing, subsidiary accounts and invoices.
26. May work with dealers, customers, Treasury, Accounting, Global Business Technology and other NABC departments on a daily basis.
27. Assists in the training of lower-level employees, including reviewing and booking of deals, when needed.
28. Assists in developing training materials.
29. Recommends updates to website and ensure updates are implemented.
30. Develops presentations for dealers and other internal departments, as needed.
31. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
32. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage numerous tasks.
3. Demonstrated computer skills, including the ability to effectively type for up to 75% of the day.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office products, including the ability to prepare and maintain spreadsheets.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of CFSC and Caterpillar dealer processes.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of finance products, policies, and procedures.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of CFSC documentation procedures.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of billing and invoicing procedures.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of tax requirements and accounting principles required for booking, funding and account balancing and reconciliation.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of UCC laws and regulations.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of titled equipment and the laws and regulations that govern these transactions.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of the legal and credit requirements that govern documentation for each finance type utilized by CFSC.
14. Demonstrated knowledge of systems used by NABC Document Services, including (but not limited to): InfoLease, FinancExpress, IRMA, CT Lien Solutions, DocExpress, SignaturExpress, CustomerExpress and TSYS.
15. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high-level of accuracy.
16. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
17. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, make decisions, and take measured risks using available data as well as insight.
18. Demonstrated ability to concentrate on results while being flexible to achieve goals.
19. Possess a sense of urgency and willingness to be accountable for one’s work product.
20. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships, working effectively with others inside and outside of the company.
21. Demonstrated ability to strive for quality as well as timeliness, maintaining perspective as to the outcome of the decisions.
22. Demonstrated advanced ability to perform general office tasks.
23. Demonstrated ability to train and instruct on job requirements.
24. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop and maintain training documentation and procedures.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A High School Diploma or equivalent GED certificate is required and a minimum of 5 years work experience in non-exempt or exempt jobs in credit, customer service, collections, document services, accounting or treasury is recommended. Previous work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .