As Documentation Managers, we are responsible for providing oversight, documentation strategy, and review of documentation work. We oversee the documentation team to ensure on-schedule delivery of documentation. Developing standard documentation methods and tools is a part of our job. We manage plans and direct documentation projects for the timely delivery of documents. Managing publications and online content is our responsibility. We also oversee the day-to-day performance of the documentation staff. We review in-process documentation to identify areas of improvement. It is our duty to develop proposals for corrective measures for documentation issues. We monitor the documentation queue. We also assist management in identifying needed resources.
- negotiate deliverables when necessary
- develop documentation resource needs
- ensure proper storage and archiving of documentation
- provide training and coaching to direct reports
- assist Documentation team to complete projects
- provide appropriate content as needed
- travel to meet with remote team members or to attend conferences