Arizona Oncology Associates is looking for a Dosimetrist. Great opportunity to join a team that focuses on patient care. Located in Sunny Southern Arizona, you will have the ability to enjoy small town living with big city amenities on top of a rewarding work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- Non RTT- Bachelors in a physical science and a graduate of a formal dosimetry program.
- Previous dosimetry experience preferred.
- RTT- Graduate of an accredited radiation therapy technology program.
- Actively practicing as an RTT
- Previous dosimetry experience preferred.
- Must be ARRT certified and hold valid state license for radiation therapy.
- Position is considering all levels of experience
- In collaboration with the medical physicist and radiation oncologist, designs a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation to determine a treatment field technique that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose. Uses CT, MRI, PET, ultrasound, plane film, and fluoroscopy imaging to create and verify therapy portals. Performs patient specific quality assurance techniques under the direction of the physicist. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently creates radiation therapy treatment plans using computer software and various imaging modalities.
Interprets and delineates anatomy and anatomical positioning on various imaging modalities.
- Performs or assists in the planning of the fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and other beam modifying devices.
- Performs or assists in the planning of the production of moulds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Supervises the therapist staff in the implementation of the treatment plan including: the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment variables.
- Accurately documents treatment planning and quality assurance tasks.
- Accurately codes for technical treatment planning and quality assurance tasks.
- Performs general computerized tasks, such as word processing, using spreadsheets, moving and altering files and directories, and performing data backup.
- May assist in intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy procedures and in the subsequent manual and/or computer calculation of the dose distributions of these treatments.
- Under direct supervision, may perform quality assurance procedures on treatment planning system, linear accelerator, and brachytherapy device.
As the largest cancer practice in Arizona, we are proud to provide advanced and compassionate Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and Hematologic services. Our physicians and staff incorporate a multidisciplinary, personalized approach to treatment to enhance the patient experience by providing complete care in convenient, community-based locations.
We are proud to provide patients with access to the latest treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and an extensive research program. We believe it is beneficial to patients' that these therapies are provided in a community setting, because it allows you to remain close to home and to your support system. Arizona Oncology physicians are supported by talented clinical staff that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and their caregivers.
United in Healing with The US Oncology Network
Arizona Oncology is united in healing with The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks focused on advancing cancer care in America. As an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology is united with more than 1,000 physicians and 10,000 cancer professionals nationwide.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We'd Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Company Description Arizona Oncology is the largest cancer care provider in the state. As a part of The US Oncology Network, we deliver high-quality, evidence-based care to patients close to home.
Convenient locations across the state of Arizona
State-of-the-art technology, innovative treatments, and extensive research
Specializing in medical oncology, radiation oncology, gynecologic oncology, hematologic, stem cell transplant, colorectal surgery, and urology services
If you are an individual in need of accommodation in order to complete our application process, please contact: