Do you love to work on a team?
We don't leave anything to chance.
Your Safety and Security is our Top Priority!
Every Dunbar Armored Truck has 2 people on board - Every Day!
If you want to be part of a growing company
in an exciting industry,
Join the Dunbar Armored Family!
** NEW WAGE!! $12/HR ($13/HR Upon Completion of Training) **
Full Time and Part Time Hours
Paid Time Off (PTO) for PT and FT positions - Accrual Commences Upon Hire!
401(k) w/Employer Match
Company-Supplied Uniforms & Firearm
Bullet Resistant Vest Purchasing Program
Overtime after 40-Hour Workweek
Career Advancement Opportunities
BASED ON POSITION CLASSIFICATION, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Life & Disability Insurance
Quarterly Safety Incentive Program
Dunbar Armored - Charleston
2135 N.A.D Road
North Charleston, SC 29406
The Driver/Guard is a non-exempt position and reports to the Branch Operations Manager. Driver/Guards are responsible for providing secure and reliable transport of cash, securities, and other valuable cargo for financial institutions, businesses, and other customers. In doing so, driver/guards must practice heightened security protocol and safety procedures, provide outstanding customer service, and demonstrate competence ensuring accuracy in all delivery and receipt of cargo.
1. Safety in the operation of company vehicles, performing all duties inside and outside of vehicles, and in the carry and use of firearms.
a. Comply with all licensure and/or certification related to operating company vehicles and carry of firearms
b . Comply with state and company standards related to the carrying and use of firearms
c. Comply with federal and state safe driving standards and practices
d. Complete the Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) at the beginning and completion of each route
e. Practice proper lifting and moving techniques when engaged in lifting, moving, or pushing valuables or equipment
2. Accurately deliver and receive valuable cargo.
a. Demonstrate proficiency with the use of the handheld scanning device assuring that all valuables are scanned in and out
b. Transport valuables to and from customer locations in compliance with the route schedule complying with productivity standards at each location
c. Reconcile all valuables at the beginning and end of each route
3. Demonstrate security awareness when performing all tasks associated with the driver/guard position.
a . Assures that all packages picked up are signed for and inspected for holes, tears and proper sealing (package integrity)
b. Ensures that all valuables are secured in vehicle safes and cages
c. Employs use of all senses (see, hear, touch, smell) to assess threat conditions reports all suspicious activity to base and/or law enforcement officials
d. Maintains vehicle security to limit liability exposure by following company policy and procedures to ensure that the truck is properly guarded and that doors remain closed except for proper use
e. Employs the use of all security equipment and devices to reduce vulnerability for robbery
4. Operate on routes, as assigned, including routes designated for special requirements; i.e., Federal Reserve Bank, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, ATM and Shuttles
5. Provide outstanding customer service to all customers
a. Competent service
b. Courteous, polite and respectful behavior
c. Responsive to customer needs
6. Operate company communication devices in compliance with Federal Communications Commission standards and company policies to include, but not limited to the following situations
a. Reporting suspicious activity
b. Reporting accidents and/or a disabled vehicle
c. Requesting assistance related to routes and/or customer locations
d. Requesting guidance and/or assistance during delays or extended premise time
e . Notifying management personnel for issues related to the business functions of the company
7. Service Automated Teller Machines (ATM), ATA, customer safes, and other payment machines in accordance with company policies and procedures, as required to support operational needs.
8. Completes all administrative functions, as required, timely, comprehensively, and accurately
a. Manifest forms when required
b. Signing for all valuables and reconciling the same
c. Completing vehicle inspection, accident, and incident reports
9. Performs all other job related branch functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1 Knowledge and application of general safety and security practices associated with protection of valuables.
2. Must possess a valid driver s license and maintain current license with a good driving record. Minimum 3 years driving experience. May be required to obtain a Commercial Driver s License (CDL).
3. Knowledge and application of general driving rules of the road, experience operating large trucks preferred,
4. Proficient entering data into database software on a computer device,
5. Knowledge of general safety and legal standards, and skill with use of, firearms,
6. Developed skills in observing potential harm, assimilating procedures, and making proper notifications,
7. Ability to provide superior customers service to include, competence, timeliness, courtesy, and respect related to customer interactions,
8. Ability to follow procedural directions related to comprehensive safety and security processes.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. SLED 1655
Associated topics: alarm, countermeasure, explosive detection, loss prevention, metal detection, patrol, public safety, public safety officer, security officer, surveillance