Penske Automotive Group is an international transportation service and construction company. They also deal with selling and buying cars and automobiles as well as commercial trucks. The company's headquarters are in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, principally in the United States, Canada, and Western Europe. Penske Automotive Group distributes commercial vehicles, diesel engines, had engines, power systems, and related parts and services principally in Australia and New Zealand. It manages to employ over 23,000 people worldwide among the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine. The company concerns about Public Interactions, especially while implementing security and safety. Likewise, it is vigilantly carrying out enhanced protocols to ensure protection.
The Driver provides customers with a positive service experience by driving them to or picking them up from their homes or offices while service is being performed on their vehicles. Essential Functions
- Greets customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Drives customers to their homes or places of business and picks them up after their vehicle is repaired.
- Uses good judgment and safe driving skills.at all times
- Keeps a timely shuttle route and advises customer of time of departure and arrival
- Assists customers in getting in and out of vehicles.
- Operates radio or similar device to communicate with dealership or other vehicles to report disruption of service.
- Keeps a record of trips including names of passengers and destination or pick-up point
- Notifies dispatcher or service manager of any servicing the shuttle vehicle may require, such as oil changes, tires, cleaning, and general maintenance Performs general cleanup of assigned vehicles, included but not limited to dusting, vacuuming, wiping and rinsing
- Keeps assigned vehicles neat and organized
- Fills vehicle with fuel
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Uses proper eye, hand, and body protection when using products that require protection
- Understands and follows work rules and procedures
- Follows all attendance and punctuality standards with adherences to timekeeping standards including recording time of arrival, departure and all breaks.
- Follows lawful directions from supervisors
- Upholds the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements
- Attends company meetings as required.
- Works evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area in accordance with company policy
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice EEO Statement
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information. Competencies
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- Able to safely drive vehicles
- Good communication skills
- Good customer services skills
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedure
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to interact well with others
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to work will with a diverse group of people
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Medium Work- lifting, pulling or pushing up to 50 pounds occasionally, or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, or 10 pounds of constantly as required to move objects
This position requires the ability to stand, sit, crawl, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, grasp.
This position requires the ability to talk and hear
This position works in a covered area but will also work outside at times and could experience heat and cold, hazards and noise Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Standard Business Hours with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent; three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience Preferred Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent; six months or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Certification/Licenses/Registrations)
Valid driver's license
Ability to meet insurance requirements for driving positions
The essential functions of this position require a person to work with hazardous or flammable materials; AND/OR to complete tasks in which a lapse of attention could result in injury, including without limitation the operating, repairing, maintaining, or monitoring of heavy equipment, machinery, or motor vehicles.