Consultant Development Program - Supply Chain and Operations Track - Intern
To submit your EY application, you must complete the below 4 steps:
What to expect
- Step 1: Apply using your school's online recruiting system for only one of our positions
- Step 2: Apply through our online system at www.ey.com/us/apply. Select the job description for which you are applying: Campus Full Time, Intern, or MBA Application
- Step 3: Complete our Candidate Collect Form here (INSERT LINK)
- Step 4: Complete a Game Based Assessment via HireVue. Assessment link will be emailed to you separately once you have completed steps 1-3.
At EY Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology and innovation. Our clients are at the heart of what we do. We're focused on solving the key issues of our client buyers, building deeper relationships and making a greater impact with long-term value. Specifically, within our Supply Chain and Operations consulting practice, we address the complex issues and opportunities to grow and protect and our clients' operations. By assessing our clients overarching strategy, we help redefine end-to-end supply chain and operations to support their enterprise objectives.
Within our Supply Chain consulting practice, we serve clients in a variety of industries including, but not limited to: automotive, consumer products, government and public sector, healthcare systems, media and entertainment, oil and gas, power and utilities, and technology clients. Interns might have exposure to clients in a variety of these industries, unless they choose to specifically focus on the government and public sector industry. Interns who choose to join the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice and will work exclusively with federal clients, as well as state and local agencies and higher education institutions.
When you join our Consulting practice as a intern, you're a part of our Consultant Development Program. You'll be provided learning opportunities, technical competency training, and coaching to develop core consulting skills. While you'll be aligned to a specific track, this Program will enable differential experiences through varied account and engagement alignments.Your key responsibilities may include:
How will I spend most of my time?
- Growing lasting relationships with our clients and understanding their unique ambitions and needs to deliver reliable, tailored advice
- Understanding and documenting clients' business processes and requirements, performing root cause analyses, developing business cases, and gathering information
- Monitoring and managing project progress and risks, and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Having a strong focus on building a reputation as an authoritative expert in your area by constantly updating your understanding of current business and industry trends
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality deliverables, while working under supervision
- Constantly considering, sharing, and implementing new ways to improve our products and processes
Your time will vary based on a variety of factors, including what engagement you're staffed on, what stage of the project your team is on, and what additional supporting responsibilities you may have. As a an intern in the Supply Chain consulting practice, you can expect to contribute on overall value chain transformation projects in one or more of the following areas:
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Conduct Procurement organization maturity assessments, comparing to leading practices.
- Support clients implement Category Management programs - conduct a spend analysis, develop visualization dashboards to rapidly identify sourcing opportunities, develop a category management governance structure
- Perform demand forecasting/ supply planning and leverage for inventory optimization models
- Identify / assess maintenance operations and identify efficiency and improvement opportunities
- Assess and support warehouse of the future optimization plans and support transportation management, demand fulfillment, and defining network strategy for distribution and manufacturing centers
- Conduct supplier / supply chain risk assessments and identify plans to mitigate risks
- Support clients in increasing throughput and production efficiency in manufacturing, modeling and simulations
- Support assessments and requirements gathering for shared service and business process outsourcing operating models
What working at EY offers
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial or Systems Engineering, Business, or Engineering Management
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
- The flexibility and willingness to work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job, may vary by location and can be up to 80%
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Integrity within a professional environment
- A driver's license valid in the U.S
- Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice must have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction services and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For applicants for jobs in our Denver office, EY complies with Colorado laws and regulations. Information can be found here
This job was posted on Mon Feb 01 2021 and expired on Tue Feb 09 2021.