Walmart, the Bentonville, Arkansas-based operator of discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets, offers a broad selection of merchandise and operates over 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries. The Walmart culture is based on four values – Service to the Customer, Respect for the Individual, Strive for Excellence and Act with Integrity. The company nourishes social and environmental sustainability, and via Walmart Foundation it generally provides more than $1 billion for philanthropic purposes. With its motto of “our people make the difference”, Walmart endeavors to maintain a place of opportunity. In partnership with Guild Education, and its Live Better U program, the company provides associates the opportunity to earn debt-free degrees. If you join Walmart, your contribution will be rewarded with healthcare and insurance benefits with coverage for domestic partners options, enhanced maternity benefits, discounts, paid time off, 401(k), and several others.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Conduct directed shrink related audits and report findings to appropriate leader or manager.
- Monitor and maintain awareness as it relates to environmental related exceptions (i.e.Hazmat, storm water).
- Promotes, monitors, and enforces safe work practices and a safe work environment
- 6 months experience as a Walmart associate OR 1 year's work experience or coursework in safety, compliance, or security-related field (for example, Military, Public Safety, Compliance, Criminal Justice).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year's experience in word processing, spreadsheets and applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- 2 years' work experience or coursework in safety, compliance, or security-related field (for example, Military, Public Safety, Compliance, Criminal Justice).
Over fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. When you join our Walmart family of brands (Sam's Club, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos and many more!), you'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. Our associates have championed causes like U.S. job expansion, responsible global sourcing, female entrepreneur empowerment, and much, much more, establishing Walmart as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. What could you accomplish with Walmart?