Walmart, the Bentonville, Arkansas-based operator of discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets, offers a broad selection of merchandise and operates over 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries. The Walmart culture is based on four values – Service to the Customer, Respect for the Individual, Strive for Excellence and Act with Integrity. The company nourishes social and environmental sustainability, and via Walmart Foundation it generally provides more than $1 billion for philanthropic purposes. With its motto of “our people make the difference”, Walmart endeavors to maintain a place of opportunity. In partnership with Guild Education, and its Live Better U program, the company provides associates the opportunity to earn debt-free degrees. If you join Walmart, your contribution will be rewarded with healthcare and insurance benefits with coverage for domestic partners options, enhanced maternity benefits, discounts, paid time off, 401(k), and several others.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Drives the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (for example, production, quality, safety)
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Ensures maintenance department daily operations are performed properly
- Manages associates and leaders in area of responsibility
- Oversees and manages productivity of area of responsibility
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Production/Operations Management or related field AND 1 year's experience in an industrial maintenance environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR Associate's Degree or technical school certification in a related field (for example, welding, refrigeration, electrical, electronics) AND 2 years' experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload OR 1 year's experience as a Walmart Logistics Maintenance Area Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates OR 3 years' supervisory or managerial experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload, analyzing financial/operational data; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees in a maintenance/industrial-related environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year s experience managing budgets, managing P&L, developing manpower forecasts, and analyzing financial/operational data
- 1 year s experience with Industrial Warehouse maintenance processes (for example, preventative maintenance, material handling equipment, power equipment, facilities upkeep) to include project management
- 2 years experience as a Walmart Logistics Maintenance Area Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates
Over fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. When you join our Walmart family of brands (Sam's Club, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos and many more!), you'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. Our associates have championed causes like U.S. job expansion, responsible global sourcing, female entrepreneur empowerment, and much, much more, establishing Walmart as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. What could you accomplish with Walmart?