Our customer is seeking a Special Process Expert Electrical Crimping in the Southern Tier of Upstate New York.
- Contribute to tender phase, especially in product design and industrialization to take into account industrial constraints and requirements in order to optimize costs and minimize risks.
- Contributes during specification and design phases to technical solution decisions associated to special processes.
- Build the Special Process (SP) Return of Experience (REX) and interact with product engineering to redirect the design if necessary.
- Manage industrial risk through Process FMEA and associated improvement action plan.
- Define requirements and rules for associated tooling necessary to start production.
- Qualify the product/process pair as well as industrial means to be put in place in line with the design.
- Support sourcing and Supplier Quality Development (SQD) teams in the suppliers qualification and in quality follow up for suppliers concerned by SP. Contribute to development of local suppliers.
- Manage evolution of quality control process dedicated to SP.
- Ensure deployment and validation of new processes in line with project planning
- Issue relevant documents in the Quality System.
- Manages technicians that are eventually under his responsibility.
- Train the workers and EPU managers to execute SP.
- Ensure continuous training and permanent qualification of the workers to SP.
- Train support functions to business rules linked to PS (Engineering, PME, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Quality)
- Guarantees internal control and good application of process rules in line with customers requirements. Performs internal and external audits
- Ensure day to day monitoring of SP business rules and solve issues concerning SP.
- In case of non-conformity or incident, investigate root causes, finds and implement repair solutions.
- Demonstrate QCD and EHS improvement linked to SP through efficient action plans. Measure performance linked with site industrial objectives and through APSYS audit for instance.
- Support Sourcing and Supplier Quality teams during quality crisis.
- Participate to meetings and working groups of the SP network.
- Propose improvement ideas and evolution of the business rules of their domain.
- In case of major SP quality crisis (major technical risk, safety or financial), the expert must provide to the project manager, factually, a clear problem analysis (root causes, associated risks) and the options to exit the crisis.
- Engineering degree in process engineering, mechanical, electrical or chemical.
- Hands on experience with Tooling & Audits
- 2 to 5 years experience in industrial environment
- Knows Tooling, Wire Markers & Harness Boards; Conducted Audits
- Practice the special process in question from 2 to 5 years (execution, definition, qualification)
- Able to provide training to a group of trainees.
Position offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package,as well as a uniquely diverse and unified team of professionals. Our customer has a history of recognizing your achievements and excellent performance through various performance incentive, recognition and reward programs.
Associated topics: adapter, cellular, circuit, diagram, dsp, hardware, kv, stationary engineer, wire, wiring