Our client is looking for experienced Mechanical & Electrical Test Technicians to work in Elmira Heights, NY.
The successful candidate will have previous knowledge of various hand and power tools, pressure gauges, filler gauge, level, and able to read pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical schematics, and repair water piping.
- Be part of a team that performs a wide variety of advanced and complex level tasks involving the use of mechanical and electronic test equipment.
- Ability to work at complex level tasks involving troubleshooting, testing, quality control, tuning, complicated repairs, interacting with production supervisor to discuss and/or resolve problems.
- Responds to customer telephone calls
- Ensures that assignments are completed in the established time standards.
- All purpose technician capable of adjusting mechanical parts to include doors, trapdoors, folding racks and beds
- Testing and repairing pipes and leaks in water, air, and oil systems
- Fills test reports, internal adjustments, and pending job information accurately
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High school graduate or equivalent required with at least 5 years of progressive and directly related electrical/mechanical experience required.
- Associates degree in electrical/mechanical engineering can be used in lieu of 5 years experience without degree
- Skill set to follow schematics, pneumatic, hydraulic, air conditioning in making repairs
- Ability to work in a start-up, high pressure environment
- Must be self motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills essential for day to day operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Understanding oral and written Spanish highly desirable
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs