At IAP, our mission is to solve your most challenging problems using proven technology, expertise, and ingenuity. When you partner with us, we take your ultimate goals and make them our own, and we do not rest until we have delivered the results you need. To achieve this, we rely on four competencies as the cornerstones of our approach:
This position requires detailed knowledge of facility and equipment operations, including but not limited to, understanding of and demonstrated proficiency with elements outlined:
- Ability to read and understand facility and system drawings, diagrams and schematics.
- Troubleshoot and restore operations of facility systems and equipment including but not limited to power generation, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning and ventilation, environmental controls, and life safety systems.
Education & Experience:
- As appropriate, licenses and certifications required by the District of Columbia shall be current and valid.
- The licenses and certification shall be of a grade or other level consistent with the requirement of the work being performed and/or as established by the above jurisdictions.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years of related experience in assigned area required.
- Extensive knowledge in candidates specialized function. A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical
- Application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Certified in CPR with AED and basic first aid within 30 days of assignment to the contract (and annually thereafter).
- In all operating conditions, including life threatening situations, ability to interact with senior Government personnel in a calm and professional manner to ensure compliance with established operating procedures and prevention of adverse impacts to the facility and other occupants.
- Must complete Fire Brigade Training within 60 days of start date.
- These position are expected to perform emergency fire brigade operations and shall receive training per 29 CFR 1910.156 (c)
- Meet qualification standards to be a Technician per the Contractor's Training Program.
- Have or be able to get within 90 days the appropriate craft licenses and certifications
- MUST Hold and maintain a current/active TOP SECRET security clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) in accordance with security classification information provided under separate cover.
- Be eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI).
Fit for Duty Requirements:
Meet \"fit for duty\" requirements of the Contractor's occupational medical monitoring program (see paragraph C.5.3.4 below).
- Be medically and physically capable of completing the following tasks:
- Emergency response, firefighting, rescue operations, and other actions under stressful conditions while wearing personal protective ensembles and/or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
- Wearing a SCBA, this includes a demand valvetype positive-pressure face piece or HEPA filter masks.
- Working in an environment that may contain Toxic Industrial Chemicals/Toxic Industrial Materials (TICs/TIMs), irritants, particulates, biological and nonbiological hazards, and/or heated gases.
- Climbing six or more flights of stairs while wearing protective ensemble weighing 50 lbs or more, and carrying equipment/tools weighing an additional 20 lbs or more.
- Wearing a protective ensemble that is encapsulating and insulating.
- Decontaminating personnel including dragging or carrying victims weighing over 200 lbs., climbing ladders, operating from heights, and walking or crawling in the dark along narrow and uneven surfaces.
- Unpredictable emergency requirements for prolonged periods of extreme physical exertion without benefit of warm-up, scheduled rest periods, meals, access to medication(s) or hydration.
- Critical, time-sensitive, complex problem solving during physical exertion in stressful, hazardous environments, including hot, dark, tightly enclosed spaces, that may be further aggravated by fatigue and other distractions.
- Functioning as an integral component of a team where sudden incapacitation of a member can result in mission failure or risk of injury or death to personnel.
- Operating under high Carbon Dioxide (C02) and low Oxygen (02) levels for extended periods without SCBA/Breathing Apparatus.
Associated topics: alarm, broadband, cable, capacitor, circuit, electrical, electrician, electronic, wire, wireman