We believe in augmenting human intelligence, not replacing it.With good data and the right technology, people and institutions today can still solve hard problems and change the world for the better.In 2004, when we looked at the available technology, we saw products that were too rigid to handle novel problems, and custom systems that took too long to deploy and required too many services to maintain and improve.We saw automated approaches that failed against adaptive adversaries, and all-or-nothing access controls that forced organizations to make unacceptable trade-offs between collaborating and securing sensitive data from misuse.We saw a need for a different kind of technology, and we knew it would take a different kind of company to build it. That’s why we founded Palantir.
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us. The Role
The Endpoint Engineering team is responsible for building, monitoring and deploying endpoint and security tooling for all workstations across Palantir. We find creative approaches to engineering the configurations of workstation environments to allow Palantirians to be productive, mobile and secure while providing an excellent user experience.
Our team works closely with the Information Security, Network Engineering, and Technical Support & Operations teams. In addition, we are highly tuned to our customers, fellow Palantirians, ensuring we are providing a reliable and consistent experience.
As a Windows focused Endpoint System Engineer you will primarily collaborate with various engineers working on Palantir deployments to develop, streamline and stabilize the Windows infrastructure workflows. You are an analytical thinker and enjoy troubleshooting issues and finding creative technical solutions. You will make data-driven decisions ensuring that we build tools that resolve and proactively address common issues before they impact the end users. You have strong customer service skills and a customer driven mindset.
We are looking for people who are detail oriented, highly adaptive and enjoy contributing to a dynamic team environment. If you love solving difficult engineering problems, pushing the boundaries of industry standards, and are passionate about redefining endpoint systems engineering, join our team. We've been waiting for you.
- Architect, configure, and troubleshoot Windows workstation configurations and deployments.
- Build base image configurations for workstations.
- Continuously improve user workstation experiences through OS and application optimizations, automation, and streamlined processes.
- Deploy routine OS/Security/Application patches across the fleet.
- Apply modern configuration management practices to endpoint management.
- Proactively monitor and measure workstation performance to detect trends and catch problems before users are impacted.
What We Value
- 3+ years hands-on experience Windows platform management (Linux or Mac a plus) at scale.
- Extensive knowledge with workstation management tooling such as SCCM/Intune/SolarWinds or similar products.
- Proficient with scripting in any of the following - Powershell/Ruby/perl/python/bash.
- Familiarity with Mobile Device Management (MobileIron/Intune).
- Familiarity with information security such as device encryption, anti-virus tooling, digital certificates, security policies etc.
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals such as DNS, DHCP, firewall, VPN, and PKI.
- Familiarity with modern configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, PowerShell DSC) and package managers (Munki, Chocolatey).
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's and for additional information.