The American Express Company, also known as Amex, is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Manhattan's Three World Financial Center in New York City, United States. Founded in 1850, it is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The company is best known for its credit card, charge card, and traveler's cheque businesses. Amex cards account for approximately 24% of the total dollar volume of credit card transactions in the US.
At American Express Enterprise Architecture, our mission is to help our developer community meet the evolving needs of both our company and customers. We help design and build what is needed, envision what is next, and bring the benefits of advanced technology to life. We contribute to shaping the long-term technological vision for American Express and play an important part in shaping the company's future success.
As an Engineer within Enterprise Architecture, you will be instrumental in providing world-class tools, training, and support to our community of developers. You will be instrumental in enabling and maintaining high quality products and services to our internal developer community by solving large challenges and empowering teams with world class tools, training, and collaborative support that give insight into the health of their application and domain. You will work with teams to overcome technical obstacles, answering questions and proposing solutions on-the-fly. You will find the work exciting, fun, and challenging. Qualifications
You will be challenged to:
- Strong communicator with both technical and non-technical peers
- Proven success in, and genuine enthusiasm for, working directly with technical teams to empower them through mentorship and training
- Willingness to be hands-on with technical teams, and undergo a technical screening by the Enterprise Architecture team as part of the interview process
- You stay on top of tech trends and best practices by experimenting with and learning new technologies, and participating in community of practice groups
A successful first 12 months looks like:
- Aid in the design, implementation and oversight of scalable software systems
- Foster developing and spreading best practices as it pertains to building software inside the American Express ecosystem
- Help guide technological strategy across multiple lines of business
- Enable thousands of developers through the design and creation of best in class tooling
- Increase enterprise velocity by identifying software that needs assistance and transformation across platforms and systems
- Assist with the design, development, and gain adoption for COACH (Continuous Architecture) framework that brings insight into the operational and developmental health of our development teams to the enterprise.
- Help automate the data ingestion and date processing of COACH regulatory dimensions to the highest degree possible, enabling Continuous Architecture across the entire technical ecosystem.
- Help with implementation of technological strategy across multiple, complex lines of business
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U. S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
This job was posted on Fri Jun 01 2018 and expired on Thu Jun 14 2018.