Broan-NuTone company is a residential indoor air quality. The Company was started in 1932 headquartered in Hartford Wisconsin United States. It is a manufacturing industry leads in residential ventilation products customized climate and indoor quality service and solutions Range Hoods Bath Exhaust Ventilation Fans Central Vacuum Systems Doorbells and Balanced Ventilation/Fresh Air Systems. Broan manufacturing, marketing, and sales locations are situated with more than 2,500 employees engaging in the industry. The Locations are California, Ohio, Canada, Chile, China, and Mexico.Energy Star U.S Building council's leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Homes and the National Association of Home Builder's Model Green Home Building are the wide selection of products is offered by Broan that help meets the requirements of all three major green building programs. Broan provides a fast-paced innovative work environment with outstanding benefits Equal Opportunity Employer in this world-class organization.
The Engineering Co-Op role will apply design engineering principles and practices, execute testing of product, and manage assigned portions of product development projects as a contributor on the Broan Engineering team.
* Research new technologies
* Conceptualize product systems or sub-systems
* Design, create prototypes
* Participate in product testing and validation activities
* Evaluate Broan and competitive products
* Perform design calculations to predict performance, support trade-offs. Justify under review.
* Serve as active participant on assigned project teams. Manage and meet commitments to support project scope and schedule.
* Prepare written summaries and status updates
* Core coursework of circuit theory, embedded systems, and software design
* Basic knowledge of electrical and electronic devices and electromechanical components
* Interpret complex sets of product requirements, apply them to designs, and innovate around requirements.
* Review, interpret, and mark-up or change Engineering drawings and Bills of Materials. Author and manage Engineering Changes through a workflow process.
* Communicate effectively through verbal, written, and electronic means. Provide regular status updates as requested. Speak and write English effectively to convey information.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Successfully partner with teammates, suppliers, and customers (both internal and external), working closely with others in a team environment. Establish and leverage relationships to achieve common project objectives.
* Read electronic and manual gauges; record information in bright and low light environments.
Preferred Skills (not required)
* Experience in air movement, ventilation, or appliance design
* Experience with Creo, Matlab, Minitab, and Labview
* Knowledge of programming languages - Visual Basic, C/C++, LabView - is a plus.
* Design of Experiments (DOE)
* Fluency in other languages spoken throughout Broan global facilities - Mandarin Chinese, French, Spanish
Co Op Details
Job Location 926 W. State St., Hartford, WI 53027
Hours Full-time, 40 hours per week
Duration Spring Co-Op January 2020 through August 2020 or Fall Co-Op June 2020 through December 2020
Hourly Pay $20.00/hour
Benefits: Medical, HSA and 401K. PTO and Holiday Pay
Openings for Electrical Engineering (EE) Co-Ops, Spring and Fall 2020
Advanced Development EE
* The Broan Advanced Development team explores advanced technologies and concepts prior to injecting them into mainstream product development. Emphasis is on technology research, advanced simulation, design, and creation of functional proof-of-concept prototypes.
* Assessments are made for technical feasibility and cost feasibility.
* Students have the opportunity to work side-by-side with subject matter experts.
New Product Development EE
* The New Product Development team takes products from idea through to mass production.
* The launch process follows industry stage gate best practices, going through Scope, Concept, Design, Launch and Production.
* Students have the opportunity to see how new products are born. They participate in prototyping, design, risk review, testing, and manufacturing. They interact directly with most of the internal business functions, as well as outside suppliers.
Engineering Test Laboratory
* Broan Test Labs assure product integrity and quality via a comprehensive range of test capabilities.
* Labs are staffed by highly experienced subject matter experts.
* Students work on prototype fabrication.
* Students have the opportunity to work with experts in performing testing and participate in lab coordination, gathering data and reporting results and conclusions.
* Construction codes, building codes, safety and industry standards govern how products are designed, qualified, and tested.
* The Regulatory team researches and reviews codes and standards and determines their application to Broan products. Qualification and test plans are developed to comply. Compliance documentation is produced.
* Students have the opportunity to work with regulatory experts in research, application, and compliance activities.