The Op-Ex Co-Op role will work with management to identify key projects that will improve quality, reduce costs, improve cycle time and provide the optimum benefits to customers and the business through waste reduction. The Op-Ex Co-Op will provide the planning and technical direction to ensure the quality of products and processes by applying engineering principles and practices, and managing assigned PPAPs, Supplier Corrective Actions, and APQP activities for the Broan Global Quality Group. Co Op Details
- Location Broan Global Corporate HQ at 926 W. State St., Hartford, WI 53027
- Hours Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Duration June 3, 2019 through January 10, 2020
- Hourly Pay $20.00/hour
- Perform analysis and develop metrics to display and track quality performance.
- Assist Quality Engineers (QEs) with development and updating of APQP / PPAP and other engineering documentation (control plans, FMEA, Inspection Standards, etc.)
- Assist QE with analysis of defective parts, determine root cause and countermeasures, and resolve issues quickly.
- Assist QE with collection of attribute and variable data as requested.
- Support quality training related to basic problem solving techniques including root cause analysis, process capability analysis, and measurement system analysis.
- Helps drive repeated use of Lean Principles for continuous improvement internally as well as externally with customers and suppliers as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to ensure achievement of departmental company business strategy.
- Analyze quality information and feedback analysis, making recommendations for adjustment to product design, manufacturing process and equipment, and quality procedures. Follow-up to assure that corrective actions are in place and assess effectiveness.
Preferred Skills (not required)
- Enrolled in engineering degree program and completed sophomore year.
- Review and interpret Engineering drawings
- Basic knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Product Parts Approval Process (PPAP)
- Must possess effective analytical, numerical, problem solving, and reasoning abilities. Ability to interpret data and make recommendations for improvement.
- Effective verbal and written communications.
- Speak and write English effectively to convey information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Collaborative approach to partner with teammates, suppliers, and customers (both internal and external) successfully, working closely with others in a team environment. Establish and leverage relationships to achieve common project objectives.
- Excellent planning& organization skills required.
- Strong'hands on' approach to getting work completed.
- Must be flexible to perform a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction, accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Meet all safety requirements for applicable policies and use of all equipment
- Acceptable attendance to meet company standards and requirements
- Experience in air movement, ventilation, or appliance design.
- Experience with sheet metal, welded fabrication, and plastic injection molded components.
- Fluency in other languages spoken throughout Broan global facilities - Mandarin Chinese, French, or Spanish.
- Ability to take a leadership role in a team based environment
- Knowledge in Quality Systems (ISO 9001, TS16949)
- Statistical Process Techniques, Failure Analysis, and Process Validation experience
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Lean/6 Sigma background or experience preferred.