Headquartered in New York City, National General Insurance Group is a property and casualty insurance company. The company is a major automobile insurer in the United States. At National General employees live by what they call the 4Es: energize, engage, empower and execute. They strive to get customers back on the road with as little disruption to their life as possible. The fast-paced and dynamic company is seeking professionals with solid experience, motivated individuals looking to discover new beginnings, and students wanting to make their mark in the insurance industry. You can browse locations throughout the entire United States. You can expand your knowledge and talents in the career areas of Sales, Claims, Operations, and Product / Pricing. The company respects your contributions and ensures your health and wellbeing with insurances, paid time off, 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Develop, maintain or implement business continuity strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analysis, strategy selection and documentation of business continuity procedures. Plan, conduct and debrief exercises to test the adequacy of exiting plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity effort after a disruption event. Note: This position is for current and eligible NGIC contractors only.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Develop plans for physical locations or business units to deal with organizational emergencies
* Review existing plans for consistency and ensure adherence to company policy and procedures
* Establish, maintain and test emergency notifications via the various channels available for communications
* Provide guidance during new employee orientation
* Support the business in the development, maintenance and testing of a BC Program to support the function and/or locations
* Ensure contingency sites and business units are in a constant state of readiness to recover applications and resume business in accordance with the SLA s
* Support all activities necessary to enable the business to operate during a business disruption.
* Provide training and guidance to business continuity coordinators
* As a second Line of Defense, provide timely and accurate reporting and insight into risks, issues and developments, also assisting with data collection for metric reporting to senior management related to program status and risk issues
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 4+ years of experience in Business Continuity
* Expertise in business continuity and disaster recovery
* Demonstrated technical understanding in BCP documentation, to include Business Impact Analysis, Incident Management and Business Continuity planning
* Strong initiative to move projects/assignments forward, independently consider options/alternatives and make informed recommendations
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with internal and external contacts
* Excellent project leadership and organizational skills
* Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or government regulations
* Effective strategic planning and decision making abilities
* Be well organized and able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
* Ability to work with a team or independently
* Ability to work non-standard working hours due to variety of business continuity exercises
* Reasonable depth of exposure/understanding of Business Continuity Management processes and best practices
* Proficient using Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Ability to be self-directed when required
* Ability to travel, occasionally overnight, as needed
* CBCP/ABCP certification a strong plus
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000. -
Apply Not ready to Apply*