Hunter is a company that offers solutions to the problems of irrigation, outdoor, lighting, and custom molding industries. Its products are globally used and can be seen at stadiums, national landmarks, commercial complexes, and buildings. Its headquarters are in San Marcos CA. Its products and services include agricultural irrigation, custom manufacturing, and dispensing technologies. It visons to be always at customer first choice. The work values of hunters are Innovation, Family, and social responsibility. It provides a fun, friendly, and collaborative work environment to its employees. It seeks dedicated and self-driven employees.
Requisition Number 19-0140 Post Date 11/21/2019 Title Environmental Health & Safety Specialist City Clermont State FL Description We are a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse
array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes
this a special place to work. As we grow, we are dedicated to preserving our unique culture that makes our employees proud to work here. Whether you’re pursuing a career at our headquarters in Southern California, or an opportunity at one of our state-of-the-art
manufacturing facilities, or something somewhere in between, we look forward to welcoming you to Hunter Industries and our Family of Companies.
About This Role:
The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist protects employees, customers, visitors, property, and assets from injury or loss. S/he ensures compliance with pertinent regulations and the Global EHS Policy.
Demonstrates behavior consistent with Hunter’s Values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
Other Job Functions:
- Ensures compliance with Local, State and Federal safety, health and environmental regulations and standards, and acts as a liaison with government agencies.
- Adheres to and communicates the Corporate EHS Policy. Ensures that all new employees properly understand the importance of safety in the workplace.
- Develops and implements location-specific safety and health programs, including the Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Enforces safety and health rules by identifying violations and working with management and employees to make corrections. Prepares and maintains OSHA/EPA compliance records.
- Prepares materials and presentations for the monthly team safety topic. Supports safety representatives on all day-to-day safety matters.
- Provides CPR, First Aid and AED training semiannually.
- Schedules medical evaluations and performs respirator fit testing for employees in the respirator protection program.
- Trains safety representatives and managers on their responsibilities and prepares and conducts trainings for all employees on environmental health and safety topics.
- Conducts ergonomic assessments, industrial hygiene surveys and evacuation drills, and conducts area inspections regularly. Creates, updates and maintains risk assessments for machinery used on the production floors.
- Coordinates, files and administers Workers’ Compensation claims and provides all necessary documentation for investigations.
- Performs post-accident and incident investigations to identify root cause and to prevent similar incidents in the future.
- Ensures the safe handling, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals and products. Trains the Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) team and ensures the distribution of all necessary supplies. Maintains and updates a chemical inventory.
- Conducts routine general safety inspections of all buildings and property in the campus. Conducts regular safety inspections of the facilities for storm water, AED, Hazmat, and fire sprinkler systems.
- Reviews Lock out/Tag out procedures annually and conducts periodic reviews to ensure that the procedures are correctly followed.
Responsibilities require occasional work during non-typical business hours.
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Hunter Industries’ approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times. Employees are to immediately report
all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor or the Risk Management department. Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Requirements Education/Training Required:
Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent years of work experience.
Minimum one year of experience working for a manufacturing facility in the Environmental Health and Safety field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
KSA #1: Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and related state and federal laws, as well as experience in interacting with regulatory agencies. Experience working with state and federal regulations relating to Air Pollution Control District (APCD),
the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal-OSHA).
KSA #2: Knowledge and experience working with the principles of accident prevention and safety.
KSA #3: Experience in ergonomics and performing ergonomic evaluations.
KSA #4: Effective team building, presentation, and project management skills. Effective planning, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English.
KSA #5: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
KSA #6: Excellent attention to detail and prioritization skills.
KSA #7: Ability to make mathematical calculations and operate various office equipment.
KSA #8: Ability to self-initiate activities and work within timelines. Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing organizational needs. Ability to work with minimal direction.
KSA #9: Knowledge of principles and techniques of employee training.
KSA #10: Ability to make sound judgments and respond to emergency situations in a calm manner.
KSA #11: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
KSA #12: Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with members across the organization.
KSA #13: Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support Environmental Health and Safety needs at additional office locations. Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Preferred:
KSA #14: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS). Environmental Compliance certifications.
KSA #15: HAZMAT AND HAZWOPER certifications.
KSA #16: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First-Aid certifications. Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification.
KSA #17: Forklift driving experience.
KSA #18: Ability to speak and write in Spanish.
Ability to sit to use the computer, to complete paperwork activities and to attend meetings. Intermittent standing to use office machines. Intermittent walking to gain access to all areas of the facilities.
Ability to bend, kneel and crouch to conduct ergonomic surveys and collect storm water samples.
Ability to handle hazardous substances manually or using a forklift or hydraulic pallet jack.
Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level of facility. Ability to climb a ladder to gain access to the roof to inspect health and safety matters.
Finger dexterity sufficient to use a computer and to complete paperwork activities.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Ability to push and pull with the arms and body to use a hydraulic pallet jack and two-wheeled dolly. Ability to push and pull with the arms upon levers and push with the feet upon foot pedals to operate a forklift.
Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds. Ability to lift empty 55-gallon drums overhead.
Manual dexterity sufficient to lift and carry items and to grasp the handle to use a hydraulic pallet jack and two-wheeled dolly.
Ability to wear full-face respirator.
Visual acuity sufficient to use a computer, to safely handle hazardous waste, to read written materials and to complete paperwork activities.
Office setting with temperature controls. Inside manufacturing cogeneration and various other areas in buildings and outside with exposure to seasonal elements.
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careersPandoLogic. Keywords: Environmental Health Specialist, Location: Orlando, FL - 32812