BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, security and aerospace company headquartered in Arlington, VA, with locations across the country. The company delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. The company's operations are divided into three sectors which are Electronic Systems (aircraft flight and engine controls, electronic warfare and night vision systems, surveillance and reconnaissance sensors, mobile networked communications equipment, and environmentally friendly vehicle propulsion systems); Intelligence & Security (IT, cybersecurity, intelligence analysis, systems integration and operations and maintenance) and Platforms & Services (armored combat vehicles, tactical wheeled vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, artillery systems, and munitions). Employees are offered a flexible work environment, on-the-job training and leadership programs, extensive benefits, and a culture of trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services.
BAE has recently been awarded an Operations and Maintenance Infrastructure contract with our Federal Customer and we are seeking an Exchange Admin.
Ideal incumbent will possess expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. The Operations and Management (O&M) contract focuses on providing customer with Program Management, Mobility Service Center (MSC) and Systems, Databases, and Application Management; IT Operations and Maintenance including system sustainment, modernizing its infrastructure, and controlling and managing the lifecycle of all changes with minimum disruption to end users; Telecommunications O&M including unified communications, mobile device management, and satellite communications; Help Desk Services providing 24x7x365 end user support; and Network Operations Services 24x7 monitoring voice, video, data, and satellite feeds.
Ideal incumbent has ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
Typical Education & Experience
- Plans and leads major technology assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
Bachelors degree with 5 years experience or
A combination of education or experience with at least one professional certification. Ideal certifications include but are not limited to:
Preferred Skills and Education
- Certified Administrator, Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- Mobile Iron MDM Certified Professional
Bachelor Degree or higher with five years' of experience and/or applicable advance certifications with a combination of experience in lieu of degree.About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. Thats BAE Systems. Thats Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.