The city of Rockville is a Maryland and one of America’s small cities. It is a highly educated, business-friendly, and prominent Biomed and technological region worldwide. Present near Washington D.C., it is a place where people and governments strive to maintain warmth that hometown connotes. Rockville is regarded as the best place to live by Money Magazine in 2018. It ranked 9th among the happiest cities to work for by CareerBliss.com and the most culturally diverse city in America, according to WalletHub report 2018. Rockville is a Certified Community Wildlife Habitat, Sustainable Maryland Certified Community, and is awarded by the College Green Gardens. Employees at the City of Rockville receive health insurance, medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plans. It offers jobs for Afterschool Director, Certified Tree Climber, Class Instructor, Facilities Maintenance Trades Worker, Fitness Class Instructor, Lifeguard, Planning Technician, and more.
This position is responsible for performing difficult skilled, clerical, and intermediate administrative work in support of the City Manager's office, coordinating the office administrative and clerical activities. The work requires a proactive approach with outside and inside contacts to carry out the Office's programs, or to explain specialized matters with occasional contacts with higher level officials and the public. This position works independently in performing highly confidential advanced administrative and technical duties.The incumbent works with others in program development, service delivery and supervising of subordinate staff.
Essential Job Functions
Function of all Executive Assistants
* Coordinates day-to-day administrative activity with City departments, officials and the public, etc.
* Serves as point of contact for callers and visitors and serves them as may be appropriate.
* Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
* Writes and prepares letters for signature.
* Files and retrieves documents and reference materials.
* Conducts research, collects and analyses data to prepare reports and documents.
* Manages and processes travel accommodations, hotel, per diem funds, etc. for others.
* Plans and coordinates meetings including catering, room reservations, etc.
* Records, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings, if needed.
* Monitors, screens, responds to and distributes incoming communications.
* Coordinates project-based work.
* Reviews operating practices and implements improvements where necessary.
* Supervises, coaches and trains Administrative Assistants and Secretaries.
Function of Executive Assistant in the City Manager's Office
* Manages the City Manager's calendar, including arranging large meetings with internal and external parties, and communicating regularly on calendar adjustments.
* Approaches tasks proactively, including anticipating and addressing problems effectively.
* Anticipates the needs of and provides administrative support to the City Manager, the Deputy City Manager and other department staff.
* Provides continuous, timely support of the City Manager's daily administrative requests and needs.
* Manages the City Hall front desk staff to ensure constant coverage and high levels of customer service.
* Serves as point of contact for the City Manager's officeand provides excellent customer service to the Department/City personnel, public, citizens, and other agencies.
* Performs fiscal duties, including reconciles monthly P-Card Statement, maintains purchase orders, and processes payment of invoices and bills for City Manager's Office, such as processing GAX payments and requisitions.
* Oversees the scheduling system for evening City Hall conference room needs.
* Tracks and monitors the City Manager's Budget and purchasing card.
* Drafts internal and external correspondence.
* Orders and maintains office supplies.
* Maintains and updates the City Manager's Office filing system.
* Updates and distributes the Mayor and Council and Senior Staff information list.
* Supervises support employees in the City Manager's Office.
* Creates procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations of City Hall's front information desk.
* Handles problems and issues dealing with weekend and evening facility usage.
* Tracks and monitors Mayor and Council Action Reports, as needed.
* Provides administrative support to the City Manager and Deputy City Manager in preparing the Mayor and Council breifbooks.
* Performs other duties as required.
High school degree; and five (5) plus years of progressively responsible work in office administration with some accounting or budget experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of, or ability to rapidly acquire, knowledge of City government
* Knowledge of methods, principles and techniques associated with research, data collection and report preparation.
* Knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, punctuation, grammar, and general editing skills.
* Experience and interest in internal and external communications.
* Comprehensive knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms. Knowledge of financial management applications.
* Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of various government and private organizations, employees and the general public.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Ability to draft written responses to inquiries or concerns that may be of a sensitive nature.
* Ability to carry out continuing and multiple assignments requiring exceptional organizational skills, with limited supervision.