AMITA Health is a faith-based healthcare network in Illinois, with 19 hospitals, 23 immediate care centers, 80 clinics and outpatient facilities and 25,000+ associates. The name AMITA is inspired by words from several languages and embodies the core values: friendship in Italian, honesty and truth in Hebrew, and spiritual light and boundlessness in Hindi. If you are passionate about bringing care to people, and would like to make a positive impact on your communities, you will feel at home with AMITA Health. Professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training, and competitive wages add up to the employment package of AMITA Health, focusing on paid time off, medical plan, disability plan, life insurance, flexible spending, employee assistance, wellness program and retirement plan.
Requisition ID: 68590
Ministry: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Department: 20120235 Cardiac Rehabilitation RMC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Exercise Physiologist develops, implements, and coordinates exercise programs and administers medical tests to cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation patients. Assesses patients' physical fitness, develops individual exercise programs and monitors patients during exercise to determine progress.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Explains programs and specific diagnostic tests to educate patients in process, gain their cooperation and allay apprehensions. Interviews patients to obtain vital statistics and medical history. Documents results in patients' records.
* Writes initial and follow-up exercise prescriptions for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation inpatients based on individual patient needs and capabilities. Specifies equipment and discusses correct use of equipment and routines.
* Conducts individual and group aerobic, strength and flexibility exercises. Observes patients and program participants during exercise for signs of stress.
* Documents patient care interventions and outcomes in real time.
* Monitors patients' progress, communicates progress to patient, family, other staff members and physicians.
* Teaches behavior modification classes, such as stress management, weight control or other health related subjects.
* Provides patient and/or family education regarding home exercise programs.
* Attaches patients to stress testing equipment and records pre-test data to use for baseline measurements. Attaches electrodes to patients according to testing protocol.
* Records output and results from treadmill including angle and speed, EKG, Blood pressure and discomfort and/or pain.
* Performs related clerical or environmental duties as required including recording patient charges for services and maintaining section equipment.
* Checks supplies and equipment for proper function and adequate supply per departmental policy.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Does Not Supervise Employees
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED required.
Master's degree in Exercise Physiology preferred. Three months on the job training and experience to become familiar with department policies, procedures and protocols related to cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation preferred.
Basic computer knowledge required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR and ACLS certifications required.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Job Function: Rehabilitation Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability