Bio-Rad Laboratories is a manufacturer of products for the life science study and clinical diagnostic markets. Alice Schwartz founded the Bio-Rad Laboratories in 1952, and its headquarter is located in California, United States. The company's products mainly include software, reagents, instruments, and content for the areas of cell biology, protein purification, gene expression, protein quantization, drug discovery and manufacture, food safety, and science education. Bio-Rad's products are based on technologies to sanitize, separate, identify, analyze, and amplify biological materials such as nucleic acids, bacteria, proteins, and antibodies. The company's products and systems usea broad range of technologies and offer clinical research in the blood transfusion, diabetes monitoring, autoimmune, and infectious disease testing markets. In 2011 Bio-Rad Laboratories created an online magazine that offers researchers case studies, tips, and techniques related products.
# of Openings
Bio-Rad is looking for a Facilities Director - Americas and Asia Pacific.
This position has overall responsibility for the decision making, development, implementation and operation of the functions for Bio-Rad's Americas and Asia Pacific building maintenance and departments. This position requires effective collaboration with management counterparts throughout the Bio-Rad global network, with external service providers and relevant agency and community representatives. As a member of the Corporate Facilities Team, the Facilitiies Director is also responsible to provide site-level leadership and representation both internally and externally.
* Responsibilities include building maintenance, operations, monitoring, calibration and services. Services include but not limited to security, janitorial, mail caf operations and reception.
* Provide strategic direction and executive management necessary for subordinate managers to achieve the stated objectives of their respective sites and functional areas.
* Plan, budget and manage facilities in the region employing performance metrics and Lean/Six Sigma methodologies to improve performance. Utilize industry best practices in coordination with the other region and site facility managers, and contribute to continuous practice improvement.
* Secure qualified vendors to provide maintenance services, review their work, assess their performance, and manage operating budgets.
* Directly manage the building facilities and service managers in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil and the Asia Pacific Region.
* Engage with and support business managers to remain current with business needs and developing plans to meet their future space requirements in coordination with the Planning & Capital Projects team.
* Proficient in facilities processes such as CMMS ( computer maintenance management system) and Environmental monitoring systems such as REES.
* Work closely with Real Estate, Planning, Capital Projects, EHS, IT and other internal functions in support of the business units in the region.
* Plan, budget and manage maintenance and capital replacement projects.
* Provide cost savings year over year.
* Respond to facility emergencies 24/7, communicating status to upper management and taking charge of repair plans.
* Responsible for the Global Security Program and Global Maintenance Program.
* BS/BA degree in Engineering, Construction or Management discipline. Continuing education coursework and professional designation.
* 10+ years management experience for facilities maintenance, operations, and/or calibrations (in a regulated manufacturing environment highly preferred).
* 12+ years of progressive experience in maintenance operations with a proven performance record.
* Demonstrated success in leadership and organizational management, particularly in a technical and team-oriented environment.
* Excellent negotiation, organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
* Thorough knowledge of common building mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems for commercial buildings and laboratories.
* Excellent working knowledge of annual operating budgeting and expense control.
* Demonstrated understanding of regulations and codes, ie. cGMP/FDA; OSHA; EPA, ISO, etc. Able to review and critique engineering documents.
* Demonstrated ability to anticipate, prioritize, and adapt to changing workload situations.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and influence in a matrixed, global enterprise environment.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.