Nestled in Waltham, MA, Raytheon Company is an international technology and innovation firm in aerospace and defense, providing electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services for a wide variety of government and commercial customers. Besides its global business services segment the company runs four operations: Integrated Defense Systems; Intelligence, Information and Services; Missile Systems; Space and Airborne Systems. Working toward the goal of making the world a safer place, the company offers career paths to you if you consider yourself mission-driven who thrives on continual learning, big ideas and real challenges. Job openings are not only available for professionals, but also for recent graduates & interns; moreover the company offers a Relaunch Program, a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is accessible for you, containing elements of health care, income protection, investment/retirement and work/life benefits. As one of the earliest technology start-ups Raytheon was established in Cambridge, home of the Institute of Technology, as the American Appliance Company in 1922.
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Facilities Technician in the Goleta location. Responsible for reliable and consistent operation of building systems for offices, labs, clean rooms, and support areas. Work includes operations within a semi-conductor wafer fab facility, as well as performing other routine maintenance and repair projects as needed for HVAC Mechanical Units, Boilers and Vacuum Pumps
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on HVAC units, motors, pneumatic tools, and other facilities equipment
- Follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- Troubleshoot malfunctions
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.Desired Skills:
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in Facilities arena as HVAC Mechanic with strong trouble shooting skills
- General knowledge of Pneumatic controls, thermostats and VAV Boxes
- Experience working on large (500 ton) air water cooled chillers
- Service and repair of environmental-control systems associated with mechanical systems
- Experience with maintenance-related tasks, such as trouble-shooting and maintaining pump systems, compressed air, vacuum systems, etc.
- Proficiency in the maintenance of large custom and cleanroom air handlers
- Thorough understanding of heating and ventilation systems for cleanrooms, electronics labs, and environmental lab areas
- Maintenance of cooling towers and the associated systems involved with their operation
- Required to work in compliance with OSHA and Raytheon safety policies and procedures, as applicable, to ensure that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Possession of an EPA universal refrigerant license and knowledge of refrigerant management requirements
- Valid California state driver’s license
- Familiarity with MS Office Business Suite applications
- Ability to work from manuals, blueprints, drawings, layouts, wiring diagrams, or other specifications.
- Provide assistance to technicians/colleagues for various tasks as needed
- Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing, with co-workers and customers as needed to relay information they need in order to be successful
- Experience with building automation and control programs
- Trade School for HVAC
- Certificates for HVAC
High School Diploma or Equivalent 143859
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.