FirstService Residential is a provider of residential property management services. It oversees more than 7,000 residential and commercial associations across 21 US states and three Canadian provinces. It provides a wide variety of essential property services, from concierge through maintenance to security and more.The managed communities include condominiums and cooperatives, single-family homes, and rental and commercial properties. Career areas with the company include community services, community management, and corporate. Working for FirstService Residential, you will find opportunities for moving up the ladder, or across the continent. As a full-time associate, you will be offered a variety of benefits and perks to promote the wellbeing of you and your family.
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us. SUMMARY
To be an active supporter of the Community's goals, visions, and FirstService Residential's commitment to client and community residents. To develop, organize; manage all events and activities for Enclave Master Association. The mission and goal is to provide fun and compelling events for residents. Successful planning and implementation that creates an environment that fosters community spirit and ensures that the highest level of service is being provided to the association and its residents. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Continual seamless connection between residents, board of directors, and vendors.
* Assist residents and visitors with general questions pertaining to the Community.
* Conducts daily inspections of the facility and reports any maintenance needs to the Community Manager and assists in coordinating repairs.
* Coordinates social events, programs and clubs.
* General administrative functions and creating of flyers and announcements. Posts agendas and signs for Board Meetings.
* Works with fellow staff members and community patrol to ensure all functions and projects are completed effectively and efficiently.
* Ensure the "Day-to-Day" operations run smoothly.
* Work collectively with Management on strategies to implement new events.
* Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Other duties as assigned. Administrative
* Front desk operations. Including but not limited to telephone, clerical activities, interfacing with residents, and other duties as necessary.
* Handle customer service calls and issue corresponding work orders, in accordance with established procedures.
* Receive all material delivered to the onsite office, process it, and forward to the responsible parties.
* Handle all aspects of issuance of resident identification access cards, resident registration, and maintain appropriate computer and paper files.
* Maintain lost and found depository.
* Monitor and report any violators of the policies and guidelines to the Community Manager
* Coordinate and attend meetings and functions as requested by the Community Manager
* Handle all functions outlined in the Procedural Manual.
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Keep all filing current and maintain well-organized files.
* Be prepared to take calls from homeowners and assist them. If the Member Services Representative does not have the information, obtain the information and inform the caller that they will receive a return call.
* Provide administrative assistance to the team in the form of written, verbal, and physical skills.
* Must work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and; respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
* Interacts and follows up with the Community Manager and homeowners regarding architectural and/or enforcement issues within the community. Events:
* Assist with coordinating and implementing customized large-scale community events and smaller neighborhood activities to create a customized and unique community spirit in the assigned communities
* Ensure accurate documentation for all community program plans, vendor contacts, financial, event summary reports, etc., as required in the standardized format that will direct the activities of the community addendum
* Ensure timely and accurate reports to supervisor, property managers, and the association board of directors
* Ensure accurate data for the master community event calendar for all assigned addendums and update on a monthly basis
* Assist in developing and cultivating positive relationships with cities, school districts and local businesses as well as other recreational program service providers in assigned communities to ensure maximum programming opportunities for minimal expense.
* Comply with company policies and procedures
* Other projects and opportunities as assigned QUALIFICATIONS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be literate and articulate in written form in order to prepare correspondence.
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
* Must be able to handle pressure and resident complaints.
* Must; keep others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues to find solutions.
* Must possess some customer service experience.
* Excellent, effective, and diplomatic oral and written communication skills.
* Previous work experience in the hospitality field preferred.
* Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy, ability to multi task effectively and efficiently.
* Outstanding computer skills to include: heavy word processing using Microsoft Word, spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel and Photoshop for the creation of flyers and announcements.
* Forward thinking, proactive, and able to provide creative alternatives for problem solving.
* People/community oriented -- represents the vision of the Desert Breezes Community.
* Must have use of a vehicle; possess current driver's license and state-mandated vehicle insurance. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of some college course work is preferred. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Proficient in English. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be mobile enough to move around office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes.
* Must be mobile enough to walk the facilities.
* Must be mobile enough to move around during outside events, stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds.
* Must be able to hear in order to receive telephone calls and voice mail messages.
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
* Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
* Use of vehicle with a valid California Driver's License and insurance is required. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics are office conditions at an onsite community. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Position will be part-time. Schedule will consist of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays, may include nights and holidays.
Overtime may occur based on the Community needs. Consistent and regular attendance required.
FirstService Residential is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.