As forklift drivers, we are responsible for loading and unpacking goods and materials from and to vehicles delivering or dispatching from the premises. We also, move materials packed in pallets or crates to designated storage facilities or the material conversion sites. We are in charge of checking loads to ensure that they are secure. We are tasked with undertaking equipment checks and scheduling equipment maintenance. We are responsible for ensuring that written instructions for handling materials and products are followed. We similarly keep records for movement of products and materials within the store to ensure accurate records of stock balances.
- loading and unpacking materials and goods
- moving materials and products for storage
- checking the safety of loads moved around
- checking equipment for defects and scheduling maintenance
- following written instructions for handling materials and products
- keeping records for movement of products and materials