Lubrizol is a company that specializes in providing specialty chemicals for the industrial, transportation, and consumer market. Products include engine oil, lubricants, additives, diesel fuel, and many other products and chemicals. Lubrizol also makes additive for personal care products and pharmaceutical products. Lubrizol was founded in 1928. The headquarter of Lubrizol is in Wickliffe, Ohio. Lubrizol sells its products in more than 100 countries and has more than 8,000 employees worldwide. Lubrizol encourages and promotes diversity in the workforce. Lubrizol offers professional training and development opportunities to its employees. Lubrizol offers market competitive salary and benefits to its employees. Benefits offered by Lubrizol include paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k retirement plan, and various other monetary and non-monetary benefits.
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers' success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems and Materials, The world leader in CPVC resins and compounds with proven performance - since 1959.
We currently have a great career opportunity for a Chemist/Formulation Scientist in our Brecksville, OH facility supporting our TempRite R&D group. Candidate must have strong technical experience and training with plastics processing and application technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support current business groups initiatives and needs for existing and new applications.
- Support the commercial technical directives for existing product lines and needs as they arise for areas to apply our polymer(s) or others to new end use applications.
- Support customer evaluations in concert with technical services to insure any new material implementations meet necessary criteria regarding expected quality and product consistency. This should include consideration for quality, processing, handling of materials, approval body certifications and varying customer requirements.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Work as a member of cross-functional project teams, be a team player.
- Maintain records of experiments, results and conclusions with subsequent reports both mid-term and at project conclusion.
- Provide progress updates through regular issuance of written and verbal reports, this may include quarterly updates with business partners.
- Provide guidance or experience to other members when/where applicable, be a part of team meetings.
- Be open to innovation, consider new and innovative solutions.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Minimum Associates degree in chemistry, materials sciences, plastics engineering or related scientific field from an accredited college/university.
- Knowledge of the polymers and additives, this may include PVDF,PES,PVC,PEX,PE,PERT,HDPE,PU,TPU,PC,CPVC,HDPE,ABS and other associated polymers.
- Self-starter, highly motivated toward achievements, results oriented.
- Ability to interpret structural chemistry and apply towards end product properties/applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, effective communicator.
- Strong record keeping skills.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office Products.
- Understanding of design of experiments.
- Solid project management skills.
- Ability to work safely within Lubrizol Advanced Materials laboratories.
- Ability to travel as required.
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Commercial experience in processing for a wide variety of polymers and knowledge of their associated formulation and or applications
- Experience in extrusion, molding, sheet, foaming processes
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineering, coatings, pha, phenolic, plastics, polymer, polymer synthesis, polypropylene, polyurethane