Headquartered in Carmel, IN, KAR Auction Services is a provider of whole car auction services. The company holds whole car auctions to the vehicle remarketing industry through mobile and online channels, as well as at physical auction facilities. Another business segment provides floor-plan financing to used vehicle dealers. KARʼs customer base includes OEMs, dealers, fleet operators, rental companies and financial institutions. KAR is at the forefront of innovation and technology. They deliver next-generation tools to accelerate and simplify remarketing. With over 200 operating locations across North America and Europe, they have a wide footprint with job opportunities. KAR offers a total reward package that contains competitive pay, 401k, medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and paid days to volunteer.
Apply Job Title: Fresh Manager
Location: Retail Grocery Location Position Overview
The fresh manager will lead, manage and develop fresh department (meat, seafood, deli, bakery, produce and floral) operations and associates and execute best practices to maximize sales and profitability. This position will increase customer confidence and loyalty to the company by promoting consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere. Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Execute the company vision and expectations through example, management and measurement of performance of department managers and associates.
- Empower teams to deliver a great shopping experience.
- Perform manager on duty (MOD) duties when assigned; ensure the entire store team is productive and the total store meets standards.
- Manage inventory, quality of product, in-stock position, production planning, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Monitor and minimize spoilage in the prepared foods, traditional deli and cheese departments.
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service exceeding customer expectations; ensure associates greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure each department?s signing and merchandising reflects the preferences of the local customer base and overall value message.
- Recruit, manage, develop, evaluate and retain a team of direct and indirect reports in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Train and coach associates on all KPI?s, product processing, customer service, product knowledge, suggestive selling, safety and sanitation.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Ensure shelf conditions and planogram integrity by monitoring new and discontinued items, and distribution voids according to company policy.
- Ensure departments are merchandised appropriately for the season and in accordance with the needs of the community.
- Coordinate, plan and order seasonal and non-seasonal merchandise as it relates to advertised events and time of season; educate associates on the effect of market area conditions and seasonal variations on product and sales.
- Develop and maintain a positive image in the community by participating and partnering in community events.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings to discuss departments? progress, financial results, recommendations and training enhancements.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Communicate priorities regarding department readiness, the menu and promotions.
- Staff and schedule department employees within staffing plan and budget.
- Ensure fresh department operations are consistent with all aspects of federal, state and company health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Ensure all policies and programs are communicated and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Culinary training or three (3) years experience in a food preparation position.
- Proven experience as a SEG department manager or leadership development position; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Bachelor?s degree in business or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the SEG store (customer service, fresh & grocery); or two (2) years proven leadership in a supermarket.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company?s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first? always by putting the customer?s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possess or earn the ServeSafe? Food Protection Manager, Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) or Food Safety Manager (FSM) certification designation within ninety (90) days of appointment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the utilization and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to perform basic math functions and understand financial and cost management documents.
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.