Patient Service Representative
Midwest Orthopaedic Consultants has earned a reputation for supplying timely and high quality medical services. Our patients come first, and our employees play an important role in providing services and maintaining our reputation. We offer 401k, health, dental, vision, and other great benefits. We help subsidize membership fees for Lifetime Fitness! We are proud of our teamwork and friendly driven atmosphere to provide patient success.
Day in the Life
This position will primarily be responsible to assist patients with the registration process while upholding exceptional professionalism and providing excellent patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet patients and visitors in a warm and professional manner.
- Register patient according to established protocol.
- Patient's demographics are checked for accuracy.
- Insurance verification thru Payerpath or Ecare.
- Referral verification thru ERMA.
- Collect co-pays and outstanding balances.
- Assist patient to complete all necessary forms and documentation including medical insurance.
- Schedule follow ups, MRI and EMG appointments.
- Answer messages and type notes from EHR.
- Scan patient records into EHR.
- Safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Meaningful use is captured in EHR.
- Answering phones.
- Set up charts for next day clinic.
- Interoffice any paperwork to go to other office/distributing incoming mail.
- Operate credit card machine.
- Ensure that office is closed and locked up properly.
- Keep waiting and reception areas well maintained, neat and clean.
- Ability to to speak and write in English
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills verbal & written.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and work in a timely organized manner.
- Knowledge on operates basic office equipment such as telephone, fax, and computer
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Punctuality and flexibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance preferred.
- Experience with EHR and PM programs.
- Basic knowledge of computer and internet. Ability to learn other programs.
- Previous experience with EHR and Allscripts PM programs.
- Healthcare industry knowledge helpful.
- Evenings and Saturdays required when needed
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Sitting, and talking for long periods of time while operating a telephone.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate such as found in a normal business office with computers.
- Required travel between both location offices Oak Lawn, and Orland Park.
Midwest Orthopaedic Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, Veteran status, disability or national origin.Job Posted by ApplicantPro