BRUNSWICK IS A MARKET LEADER in the marine, fitness and billiards industries. We have made a commitment to focus our efforts on our core businesses and, as a result, have drawn upon decades of experience to design, build and market world-class recreational products. No company has Brunswick's breadth and scope in the marine industry. No company rivals Brunswick's quality and innovation in fitness equipment. And no company possesses Brunswick's knowledge and heritage in billiards.
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Under the direction of the President, the General Manager is responsible to lead, manage, and coordinate all commercial aspects of one or more aluminum boat brands and/or categories including; overall brand/category strategy, channel/distribution approach, product portfolio planning, sales, pricing strategy, and customer service. This role is also responsible for the overall success of the brand/category and is the business’s strategic and public leader. The General Manager will be required to predictably attain or exceed all commercial and financial goals for the brand/category by successfully working with functional peers to ensure execution. Key success factors include developing a clear, differentiated business strategy, executing associated business plans, creating leading consumer and dealer satisfaction, quickly adapting to changes in the market, and improving organizational talent and capability.
- Lead and manage a cross-functional brand/category team consisting of category management, marketing, sales, and customer service responsible for the strategic directions of the business
- Enable the brand/category team to successfully interact with operations, product development & engineering, and finance
- Establish a clear and differentiated business strategy and execution plan
- Establish and lead a demand planning process that includes forecasting, order tracking, backlog management, and field inventory management
- Manage gross margins and pricing including product and option pricing, annual dealer pricing and programs, retail incentives, warranty policies, and new product program requirements Establish Sales and Customer Service plans to maximize business performance and ensure optimal customer satisfaction and retention
- Work with central marketing to improve marketing capabilities using contemporary tool in order to increase brand imagine and awareness and efficiently convert leads into sales
- Develop a three year product roadmap of innovative, winning product that best satisfies the needs of target consumers and continually increases gross margins
- Actively participate in overall strategic portfolio management process (HPPD) to ensure execution of the product roadmap on time and on budget
- Establish and manage budgets and targets for commercial team; including cost reduction activities
- Develop commercial and team goals aligned with business and financial plans, lead and coordinate team to execute these plans
- Determine commercial performance metrics, institute processes to measure and monitor performance (and to communicate to all levels of the organization) – analyze and take action
- Create a continuous improvement culture through the deployment of Lean Six Sigma, design thinking, and other contemporary problem-solving tools
- Direct the problem-solving activities of the commercial operations, driving those activities to the point of impact
- Leverage consumer insights and data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions
- Assist team to resolve issues/remove barriers and create a positive working culture
- Formulate, gain acceptance, and predictably deliver P&L and B/S budgets and forecasts that achieve the planned business objectives while adapting to a changing market
- Communicate the business strategy, objectives, plans, budgets and performance to all employees in order to maximize the individual and collective contributions and commitment to continuously improve the performance of the business
- Analyse long-term market opportunities (including product portfolio planning) identifying and acting upon those that deliver target gross margin, resourcing capital projects and implementing in a way that delivers business success
- Strong commercial strategic business capability
- Enthusiastic focus on customers – consumers and channel partners
- Ability to create winning teams and develop talent
- Demonstrated cross-functional & multi locations management capability
- Ability to produce results with dotted line reporting relationships
- Ability to play a variety of leadership roles; supporting, delegating, coaching and driving as necessary and appropriate
- Proven analytical and strategic business skills
- Knowledge and/or experience in operations management
- Ability to leverage best practices to influence system efficiencies
- Uncompromising ethical standards
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a matrix management environment
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Management or other related discipline is required. An MBA is preferred.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a product management, marketing, sales, or business development environment with progressive responsibility leading a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills required
- Must resolve complex issues to the satisfaction of multiple parties
- Must develop creative ways to address and resolve internal and external issues
- Outstanding analytical skills are required to gather and summarize data to find solutions in sales, marketing, customer service and product portfolio
- Technical or professional knowledge of business planning, strategic planning and budgeting is required
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies