NFI Industries is a supply chain solutions provider, headquartered in Cherry Hill, NJ. Its fleet consists of over 2,000 tractors and 8,800 trailers, operated by more than 2,600 company drivers and 250 owner operators. Its business lines include transportation, distribution, real estate and global logistics services. They serve customers around the world, across a variety of industries. If you are ready to drive with them, you can choose from a wide array of career choices, such as local or regional, specialized opportunities like refrigerated, tanker, flatbed, and more. Home time, competitive pay, bonus programs, opportunity for career advancement,
late model trucks equipped with latest safety, medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and paid time off add up to the benefits you can receive. If you prefer landing a job at the company facilities, you can check vacancies in transportation operations, warehousing & distribution, maintenance & mechanics or you can enroll in the Internships program. Corporate opportunities such as human resources, information technology, sales, customer service, finance play an integral role in the company's life and will reward you with continued development options, paid time off, healthcare, 401k, and voluntary benefits, just to name a few.
The General Manager is responsible for the operation and financial performance by providing direction and leadership to exempt and non-exempt associates at this facility. This position is responsible for developing and leading a team that will manage the employee performance, inventory, vendor, carrier, and customer relationships. This role is ultimately responsible for ensuring that orders are selected accurately and packed/shipped without damage for timely delivery. This position reports to the Director of Warehouse Operations.
- Ensures operational procedures for executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy in place.
- Develops and manages a comprehensive strategy for the facility by shaping requirements, assessing deliverables and utilizing resources to help eliminate process problems.
- Plans long-term labor needs based on sales, forecasts and historical data
- Conducts analysis of workload compared to labor hours and equipment.
- Manages between 1-2 dedicated customers in the same building or public accounts in the warehouse.
- Typically manages 100,000 - 500,000 square feet of facilities and up to 100 employees during non-peak times.
- Collaborates with teams from other facilities to share knowledge, problem solve
- Responsible for facility P&L and budget preparation.
- Audits all billing activity for accuracy. Properly signs and authorizes all purchase order requisitions, vouchers and customer billing.
- Ensures proper percentage of labor is charged to respective departments to ensure proper factoring is achieved to identify accurate productivity.
- Reports out on locations financial and operational performance.
- Conducts monthly review of aging for accounts receivable and works closely with the Director and Corporate office to recover balances in a timely fashion.
- Conducts annual review of customer contracts, determining and recommending annual increases to the Regional Vice-President and Director of Business
- Drives continuous improvements to safety, quality, cost and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the warehouse.
- Ensures the daily pre-shift meetings cover previous productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any other pertinent company information.
- Ensures proper staffing and support hiring for all facility operations.
- Ensures all new employees are properly on-boarded; completing required paperwork and following a structured training schedule.
- Produces and effectively communicates department goals and individual performance goals that ensure the facility achieves operational success.
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices with direct reports, and adherence to established corporate and department policies and procedures
- Works with Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues, discipline actions, problem resolution and terminations.
- Travels to other warehouses and participates in department or company meetings, as necessary
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to enhance other’s skill development.
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent selection.
- Acts as a role model for the department in support of corporate mission, vision, and values.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback on performance, prepares and presents formal performance appraisals and make recommendations and approve annual compensation increases.
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on information, tools, and systems.
Safety and Security
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI standards.
- Coordinates all alarm-monitoring systems and reviews sprinkler system testing.
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the facility to meet service standards
- Actively supports and participates in all safety initiatives in the facility
- Performs safety observations to coach employees on safety procedures
- Prevents associate incident and injury by overseeing accident investigations, assessing root cause analysis and implementing necessary improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- At least 7-10 years’ overall experience and experience in managing a 100,000+ sq ft warehouse/distribution center with total revenues up to $1m
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Experience with seasonal work forces is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with or desire to learn performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent talent management and team building skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external clients
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work hours
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
Email this job to:
To share this job with a friend, please provide their name and email address below.
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
2 Cooper Street Camden, NJ 08102