Facebook(stylized as facebook) is a for-profit corporation and online social networking service based in Menlo Park, California, United States. The Facebook website was launched on February 4, 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.The founders had initially limited the website's membership to Harvard students; however, later they expanded it to higher education institutions in the Boston area, the Ivy League schools, and Stanford University. Facebook gradually added support for students at various other universities, and eventually to high school students as well. Since 2006, anyone age 13 and older has been allowed to become a registered user of Facebook, though variations exist in the minimum age requirement, depending on applicable local laws. The Facebook name comes from the face book directories often given to United States university students.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started. Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Facebook’s success. We have a world-class team working together to help drive our ambitions and scale to the next level. We are looking for a Global Employment Brand Director to continue to bring our employment brand to life through our top of funnel recruiting activities, engagement strategies, and our signature on-site candidate experience. This is a highly strategic and impactful role Facebook Recruiting.
This role is for the visionary expert who will lead a team of Brand Managers, Event Managers and a creative team of designers, videographers, and global campaign/channel managers. This collaborative leader will have impact on key recruiting metrics, and drive our diversity and inclusion employment branding agenda. This person will need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be data-driven, flexible, and detail-oriented to manage complex projects.
This person will partner with other teams across Facebook: marketing, public relations, communications, IT, HR, design, and engineering to identify opportunities and solutions to accomplish goals and execute on the brand strategy. Ideally, the position is located in one of our larger recruiting hubs such as Menlo Park, California or New York and reports to our Global Recruiting Programs and Operations Lead.
- Drive strategy and execution of all employment brand content
- Lead, coach and develop the employment brand (attract) team
- Leverage data and user research to track and evaluate brand performance and develop insight-based recommendations for action to deliver effective targeted campaigns and brand experiences
- Consistently search for new opportunities to elevate the brand by reviewing competitors, understanding industry best practices and nurturing partnerships
- Manage, own and track budgets to maximize ROI and achieve financial plans
- Become an expert on Facebook's tools and community
- Capture and bring to life powerful human insights
- Deliver clear and compelling presentations of strategies and ideas to stakeholders
- Manage a creative team
- 10+ years experience as a brand planner or strategist at a creative agency, research company or brand based team in industry
- 3+ years experience managing a team
- 3+ years of global marketing experience
- Proven track record developing core messaging, positioning, and value proposition materials
- BA/BS degree Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- Communication experience
- Organizational experience
- Global employment brand experience
- Presentation experience
- Self-starter, ability to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment