Bayview Asset Management, LLC ("Bayview"), initially founded in 1993, is a mortgage investment firm focused on investments in mortgage credit, including whole loans, mortgage-backed securities, mortgage servicing rights, and mortgage-related assets.
With approximately 1,800 employees, our corporate headquarters is uniquely situated in the beautiful community of Coral Gables, Florida, located near the shores of Biscayne Bay and minutes from Miami Beach. The firm has additional asset management offices in New York and Iowa, as well as loan servicing and origination affiliates in seven US states and Italy.
As of December 31, 2018, Bayview oversees approximately $13.7 billion in assets under management. As a major participant in the mortgage investment markets, our senior management team has an average tenure of 16 years at Bayview with 25 years of industry experience. Bayview has substantial experience in sourcing, purchasing, servicing, and managing residential and commercial mortgage loans and mortgage-backed securities.
Responsible for the review of residential mortgage loan documentation after closing, for overall completeness and accuracy specific to internal and government agency guidelines, and curing deficiencies as identified, to enable endorsement of any government agency loans (FHA, VA, or USDA), which results in a reduction or risk to the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review loan documentation (closing and collateral) post funding for completeness, compliance, and accuracy. This includes underwriting conditions and loan program requirements meet specific program matrices, and that all closing conditions were completed or obtained as outlined in the closing instructions
- Ensure that property is insured at the sufficient value
- Review sub-servicer information to ensure correct boarding of loan file
- Ensure that Loan Origination System (LOS) Encompass is accurate based on the review of the loan file and supporting documentation
- Identify and track any exceptions found during post closing or gov’t insuring review
- Build documents in electronic PDF binder in accordance with government agency requirements and internal guidelines
- Pursue missing documentation and cure for inaccuracies by utilizing other departments within the company, third parties, and borrowers
- Update LOS as necessary to reflect the status of the loan and document deficiencies identified
- Follow-up on loan deficiencies and managing pipeline daily
- Complete insurance application on government agency websites
- Monitor submitted endorsed loans for audit review requests and rejections by agencies. Immediate response required
- Monitor delinquent loans in pipeline on a weekly basis in order to endorse loan immediately once it becomes current
- Other duties as needed or required
- Knowledge and recognition of residential mortgage loan documentation (such as closing package and credit package, on Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA), within streamline, full doc refinance, purchase, and new construction loan types
- Strong interpersonal, communications, organizational and presentation skills required
- Able to work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Possess good judgement and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of computers and software (including, but not limited to Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional), and willingness to learn new systems and programs
- Able to adapt to the continuously changing environment of the department’s priorities and guidelines provided by the government agencies
- Perform to a strict level of performance standards involving both quality and quantity
- Ability to work in a highly paced and dynamic environment
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrate a willingness to identify and implement changes to enhance the job process
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred
- Mortgage banking experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a Post Closing or Government Insuring role is preferred
- Prior experience in Processing or Closing is a plus