GCR Inc. (GCR) is a leading software development company that serves public sector clients through aviation, government, energy technologies, real estate, community planning, and recovery services. For over 20 years, PCC has developed and implemented solutions in the areas of business services, voter registration, election administration, and ethics and disclosure for state and local governments. We help our customers provide enhanced services to their constituents. Our software tools increase an agency's productivity, improve the quality of information received, and eliminate barriers for constituents that may be present in legacy systems.
Our New Orleans based Community Planning & Resilience Division includes federal grants management experts, community planners, and software services providers who deliver a diverse suite of services in support of our clients. Our portfolio includes projects within urban planning, housing, economic development, community engagement, disaster recovery, and grants management.
GCR is currently hiring Grant Specialists to assist Hurricane Harvey-impacted homeowners in the recovery process. This position will review eligibility, appeals, and perform checks to avoid fraud, waste, and abuse (AFWA) on program files funded with Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds. The position will be located in the Baton Rouge, LA area.
- Maintain familiarity with CDBG-DR requirements relative to homeowner participation and construction work in the homeowner assistance program.
- Advise program staff on homeowner eligibility to participate in the homeowner assistance program.
- Analyze information received by homeowners by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
- Review project files and payment requests to ensure that all required documentation is available, accurate, and applicable to the project file (Quality Assurance/Quality Control)
- Researches homeowner issues and coordinates with senior staff to resolve barriers to applicant participation in the program.
- May manage a caseload of applicants for homeowner assistance, including performing follow-up phone calls, emails, and other coordination as needed.
- Coordinates with senior staff to perform various checks on homeowner files, including duplication of benefits checks and checks to avoid fraud, waste, and abuse of funds.
- Prepares grant files for closeout in accordance with program requirements.
- Maintains familiarity with program requirements and electronic database processes to best serve homeowners participating in the program.
- Prepares and maintains electronic files for all program activities, including electronic note taking.
- Uploads all documentation and homeowner correspondence to the applicant database.
- Submits applicant appeals and concerns in a timely manner to ensure excellent homeowner service.
- Reviews homeowner applications to ensure completion and eligibility.
- Provides expert guidance on eligibility matters to other staff members. Elevates concerns or issues to senior staff, as appropriate.
- Completes a review of homeowner appeals and provides a recommendation for senior staff review.
- Provides support to other team members as necessary.
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Capable of identifying, analyzing, and solving problems; and
- Highly motivated with both a positive attitude and a high degree of flexibility in an environment of high pressure and short deadlines. Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills are essential.
- 3 or more years' experience with large-scale homeowner recovery programs is required.
- Applicant must be computer literate and familiar with other recovery program processes.
- Preferred candidate shall possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
GCR Inc. offers our employees a competitive compensation package. Among the benefits are paid time off, paid holidays, company matching 401(k), health and dental plans, company paid short term disability and life insurance.
GCR Inc.'s corporate headquarters are in New Orleans, Louisiana with additional offices in Covington, LA., Baton Rouge, LA, Windsor, CT and Indianapolis, IN. GCR Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GCR Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GCR Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GCR Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- provided by Dice