CyberCoders, a division of On Assignment, is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm. Through our innovative technology and efficient recruiters, CyberCoders helps find the right candidate fast.
Founded in 1999, CyberCoders is built on a success oriented culture. Above all – we know both candidates and clients want quality and they want it now. No other recruiting firm can offer Cyrus, our proprietary technology built to search smarter and quicker, matching the best applicant to the right job.
Every year, thousands of top professionals trust our more than 350 recruiters to find them the best jobs with today’s leading companies. We deliver quality results for all types of positions including technology, finance, engineering, sales, executive, marketing, accounting, scientific, legal and operational positions across all industries nationwide.
We are fast, and we work with integrity. We work hard, play hard, and believe in always having fun.
Ground up Multifamily Estimator Ground up Multifamily Estimator - Skills Required - Ground-up Multifamily/Mixed-Use Estimates, Multifamily Construction, Estimating, Bidding
If you are a Ground up Multifamily Estimator with experience, please read on!
We're a leading multi-family housing owner/builder in the Southwest. We serve our residents by providing quality rental housing with superior amenities in top locations throughout Southern California and other states. We are currently seeking a Construction Estimator with at least 10 to 15 years in the construction and steel industry. Qualified candidates will also have experience working in the multi-family construction industry. The Construction Estimator is responsible for evaluating project specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully buy out our projects. Estimators must aggressively follow up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received. Estimators will also work closely with the project management and construction teams.
**What You Will Be Doing**
- Experience in tracking as-builts and coordinating Municipal sign offs to obtain performance and payment bond releases from public agencies as soon as work is complete.
- Establish and maintain respectful and cooperative work relationships with co-workers, field personnel, sub-contractors, architects, owners, general contractors and other business associates.
- Maintains status of plan reproduction.
- Solicits and maintains communication with sub-contracts and vendors.
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to sub-contractors.
- Prepares sub-contractor bid packages and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Ensures that there is proper coverage from sub-contractors on bid day.
- Contacts supply houses to obtain additional sub-contractor bids.
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing for sub-contractors.
- Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline.
- Enters all relevant information in bid spreads.
- Proficient in blue print reading.
- Experience with high density wood (wood frame construction).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all quality surveys and pricing are accurate and complete.
- Provide support for the development of bidding strategies by debriefing the sales person on the job and of its elements.
- Compile list of type of materials or equipment requirements, utilizing knowledge of services to be performed, or type of structure to be built using blueprints and specifications.
- Itemize tools, fixtures, or equipment to be manufactured by company or purchased from outside sources.
- Compute cost estimates for materials, purchased equipment, subcontracted work, production activities and requirements, and labor.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Ability to know and follow professional work practices, company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and meet work commitments.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform comprehensive bid day analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades.
- Understand how to fit subs to the size/scope of the project.
- Creates bid lists that fit scope of job, ensuring that we have the right subs for the project.
- Minimize exclusions by doing research.
- Include value-engineering ideas on every bid.
- Property turns over bid documents and sub buyout information to Project Management in a timely manner.
- Reviews drawings with Project Management team and highlight areas of concern.
- Handles all subcontractor interactions in a manner designed to build a long term relationship.
- Builds strong team relationships with other departments within our company, including but not limited to project management, marketing, business development, accounting and superintendents.
- Seek and qualifies new subcontractors.
- Provides subs with as much information as possible (PM, Super, permit status, etc.).
- Ensures that Subs are aware of (and commit to) the project schedule.
- Awards subs in a timely manner to ensure release of materials and thoroughly checks requirements to buy the proper scope.
**What You Need for this Position**
- 10+ years estimating in the multifamily construction industry, ideally with steel experience
- Knowledge of word processing software and spreadsheet software. FTP site experience preferred.
**What's In It for You**
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Health Package
- Great work/life balance
- Positive and fun work environment
- Much more!
So, if you are a Ground up Multifamily Estimator with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
**CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Your Right to Work** ? In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Ground up Multifamily Estimator*