Connect Hearing provides hearing healthcare services and products through our network of hearing centers. It's hearing care professionals help diagnose hearing loss and provide top-level consulting on the latest hearing aids. Based on an individual’s lifestyle and hearing health, Connect Hearing provides free consultation services with a professional who recommends the patients based on their present state. Patients can also qualify for a free 2-week trial with technologically advanced hearing aids. With its Head offices in Chicago, the company is an emerging division of the world’s leading hearing healthcare solutions provider: Sonova. Connect Hearing is the single largest employer of hearing health workers in the US, hence anyone with a specialized degree in hearing can apply for open vacancies. Benefits include free hearing aids for employees and their families, travel assistance, tickets at work discount, and more.
A Hearing Care Professional (HCP) working with the Connect Hearing team is innovative, compassionate, and delivers nothing but quality service to our patients. As a company, we expect and deliver only the best hearing care solutions and products. Our Hearing Professionals practice a patient-centered approach by exploring their patient’s lifestyle needs and motivating them to improve their quality of life through the use of the latest hearing care solutions. Furthermore, Connect Hearing believes every patient is unique and the Hearing Professional’s interaction with that patient should be personalized for optimum results.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Use Connect Hearing’s proven sales process and 7 Steps to Success, patient experience model to build the foundation for performing comprehensive hearing testing and formulating customized hearing care solutions
- Greet patients with a positive and professional manner by name
- Conduct a lifestyle assessment which consists of listening and engaging with patients about lifestyle challenges and communication needs as it relates to their hearing loss
- Conduct a minimum of 1 community outreach event per month to promote the Connect Hearing brand and generate demand.
- Perform outbound calls to engage our patients 48 hours after the visit and actively stay in contact with Tested Not Sold patients
- Offer and educate patients on our two-week trial program
- Educate patients on differences in hearing care solutions; what is best for their type of hearing loss, lifestyle and financial situation, and provide a confident recommendation using the company tech tool for a personalized solution for their needs
- Execute all appropriate diagnostic tests that assist in recommending the best overall hearing care solutions, as well as perform verification measures when fitting and delivering hearing devices
- Take patient ear impressions, examine and clean patients’ ear canals as necessary
- Conduct patient demos to fit, adjust, and program hearing aids, as well as complete repairs and maintenance on the device
- Monitor patients’ progress and provide ongoing counseling
- Maintain patient files and notes via our electronic patient management system, document evaluation results, quality diagnosis, and outcome notes
- Second lever support for our patients, return all patient contacts (emails, phone calls, etc.) within one business day, and answer any questions
- Refer patients to additional medical or educational services as needed
- Prepare hearing test reports as needed
Additional Responsibilities & Duties
- Understand and implement available sales tools and maintain awareness of monthly marketing campaigns
- Be flexible and available for occasional travel as required for meetings, trainings, office coverage and educational opportunities
- Review and understand financial metrics and consistently meet store sales budget
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all third party guidelines and fee structures
- Complete community outreach strategies, build and maintain strong relationships with the medical community and promote Referral Rewards Program
- Consultation with other professionals
- Administrative and office duties such as completing paperwork, making courtesy calls, equipment calibration, cleaning and maintaining the office and equipment, maintaining and updating hearing aid programming software, and attending calls and meetings as necessary.
- Assist Patient Care Coordinator as needed
- Operates in compliance with all local, state and Federal laws as well as Company policy and compliance standards
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Certifications:
- Connect Hearing employs both Audiologists and Hearing Instrument Dispensers as Hearing Care Professionals. The educational requirements for both Hearing Care Professional classifications are those that are required by the state(s) in which the Hearing Care Professional practices.
- Active and current state-specific license in good standing. License(s) must remain active, current and in good-standing throughout tenure with Connect Hearing
- It is the responsibility of the employee to complete the necessary licensure requirements and CEU outlined by the state(s) to remain in an active status.
- Additional professional certifications, preferred
Industry/Product Knowledge Required:
- The ability to fit and recommend the most innovative and appropriate hearing care solutions
- Understanding state and federal laws with regard to hearing healthcare
- Extensive functional and technical hearing care solution product knowledge
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Persuasive negotiating skills to influence outcomes
- Excellent sales skills and service orientation
- Active listening and learning
- Complex problem solving, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong relationship building and counseling skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience patient management systems
- Minimum 3 years relevant hearing health experience selling and fitting multi-brand hearing aids perferred
- Experience with Real Ear Measurements or other verification method
- Proven sales and business growth success within a patient-focused environment