Working as Home Health Aides, we take care of the patients at their home. We track the patient's health conditions. Taking care of their prescribed medicines is our job. Additionally, we also accompany them to the clinic for check-ups. Besides, ensuring the functionality of medical equipment is a part of our work. Some of us also help with housekeeping tasks. We even take care of their daily personal hygiene. Our work involves following a nutritional diet for the patient. Besides, helping them in exercise. We maintain daily records of their health information. We report to nurse supervisors.
- overseeing the health condition of the patient
- administering prescribed medications
- changing dressings and bandages whenever required
- providing counselling on a nutritional diet and assisting in exercise
- assisting in the laundry as well as in preparing meals