Vineyard Cincinnati is a non-denominational church with an approximate weekly attendance of 5,500 adults at our main location in Tri-County. We also have a site in Eastgate and a Spanish-speaking site called La Viña. Over the years we have been noted for acts of kindness, including giving away groceries and holding free car washes as part of our ministry.
One way we serve Greater Cincinnati is through the Healing Center, a safe place on our campus providing "help for the whole person" through forty different services. Every month we serve thousands of people struggling with spiritual, emotional and physical needs (more info at healingcentercincinnati.com).
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
This role is responsible for directing all HR functions of the organization in accordance with the mission and values of VCC and the regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations in addition to other regulatory authorities. The Human Resources Director originates and leads HR practices and objectives that support a culture that emphasizes ministry, people, values, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of talented and passionate people.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategize, plan, and direct the activities of the HR department including recruitment and selection, compensation, payroll, benefits, workers compensation, leave management, staff training, leadership development, employee relations, and various staff events.
- Translate strategic initiatives into and manage the development of the HR department’s ministry plan, goals, policies and systems for each functional area of HR.
- Provide HR consulting expertise to executive/senior leadership particularly from the perspective of the impact on people and the organization and make recommendations that focus on improvement, equity, and compliance.
- Develop staffing strategies and implement plans and methods to identify talent internally and externally, and identify appropriate and effective external resources for recruiting and assessing candidates.
- Effectively work with ministry leaders and staff to assist them in carrying out responsibilities regarding human resource related matters including policy adherence, performance management, and employee relations. Coach leaders toward successful resolution of sensitive issues and consult with legal counsel as appropriate to ensure limited risk and liability on behalf of the organization.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, trends/practices, and new developments regarding human resources and continually improve programs, policies, and practices focused on ensuring compliance and meeting strategic and operational people concerns of the organization.
- Monitor and analyze salary survey data to ensure an equitable and progressive compensation plan is maintained, participate in local and industry salary surveys, evaluate and edit job descriptions as needed, and provide recommendations for adjustments.
- Develop and oversee the department budget, manage expenditures focused on proper stewardship, and report on budget variances.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing in collaboration with Financial Services to include review and approval of Time on Demand (ToD) information for payroll transmission, assisting managers and staff with system questions/issues, ensuring payroll changes are submitted in a timely and well-documented manner, and completing a compliance review following processing. Monitor, track, and resolve payroll-related issues.
- Administer staff benefit programs throughout the year (including medical, dental, life, disability, leave of absences, FMLA, continuing education) and assist with annual open enrollment process of health-related plans.
- Coordinate employee separations including payroll and benefit-related tasks, and ensure personnel records are maintained based on documentation retention guidelines.
- Facilitate approval process for staff development requests, identify appropriate and cost-effective external training, coordinate on-site training to include identifying facilitators, overseeing class logistics (location, resources, enrollment) and training schedule.
- Provide monthly and as-requested reports including staff anniversaries, staffing metrics, turnover, staff demographics, and HR-effectiveness.
- Coordinate management of work-related injuries and claims. Serve as liaison between relevant parties and maintain proper documentation.
- Coordinate and execute staff appreciation events. Recruit staff and volunteers to assist with events and oversee event planning and budget.
EDUCATION Bachelor’s in Business or related
PHP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP prefered
EXPERIENCE 10 years minimum in HR experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Sitting, Standing, Walking