Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Risk Management team and help protect EY from risks that arise from its professional practice. Risk Management teams provide coordinated advice and assistance on independence, conflicts, regulatory and risk management issues, as well as dealing with claims, and any queries regarding the organization's ethics. You'll help us meet our compliance responsibilities while supporting our client-facing teams as they deliver quality service to their clients.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Job Summary:
As an Independence Supervising Associate, you'll use your subject matter knowledge to act as the initial or secondary point of contact for client engagement teams. You'll provide Independence research and analysis related to Alliances & Ecosystem Relationships. To achieve this, you'll interpret policies and processes, determine required actions, and make recommendations based on firm guidance and your own experience. In addition, you'll analyze issues, and document the diligence with which tasks are performed, to help meet the demands of external regulators. You'll be expected to work independently, with minimal supervision. Key Responsibilities:
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Conduct due diligence, research and monitoring related to Alliances and Ecosystem relationships
- Work with Independence management, including local Consultants or country leaders, and Alliance & Ecosystem Relationship team to review submissions from client teams. Evaluate the completeness, accuracy and appropriateness of proposed transaction/requests
- Identify key issues and risks by comparing facts and circumstances to current EY Independence policies
- Handle information and analysis requests from Alliance & Ecosystem Relationship team and understand complex, non-routine questions from client teams, and coordinate appropriate responses through consultation
- Develop an enhanced understanding of the key independence rules and policies of EY and the regulator
- Develop a solid understanding of relevant parts of the EY business
- Gain knowledge of one or more Risk Management functional areas within the firm
- Respond to escalated issues, or sensitive transactions.
- Regularly exercise independent decision-making skills within the framework of the Independence policies and processes. Guide client teams on issues of moderate complexity.
- Apply judgment to consultations and/or Independence evaluations and monitoring, and appropriately escalate matters that should be brought to the attention of management
- Recommend improvements, and/or develop new approaches or deliverables, by utilizing your knowledge of existing processes, and your business experience
- Liaise between the client teams, other members of the Alliance & Ecosystem Relationship team, and various functional areas within the firm (e.g., Center for Business Knowledge, and Strategic Sourcing)
- Develop relationships, and build a network of people within your team and across the firm
- Strong research and communications skills
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Good problem solving skills
- Flexibility to adapt to different working situations
- Adept at keeping sensitive information confidential
- Good working knowledge of computers and common software packages, including analytical tools
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks
- A minimum of 5-7 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.