Aurora Flight Sciences is an aeronautics research firm. It manufactures unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. The company is a subsidiary of Boeing, which mainly specializes in designing and constructing special-purpose aerial vehicles. Aurora Flight Sciences features piloted aircraft, unmanned aircraft systems, and aerostructure products to aircraft companies. The firm plans and develops aerospace vehicles for military and commercial applications. John S. Langford III founded Aurora Flight Sciences in 1989, and its headquarter is located in Manassas, Virginia, United States. The firm currently employs more than 800 employees and operates in more than 5 locations; Cambridge, Massachusetts, Bridgeport, West Virginia, and Mississippi. Aurora Flight Sciences provides paid vacations, healthcare benefits, and other perks to its employees.
Industrial Robotics Engineer
We are seeking an Industrial Robotics Engineer in WV!
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking an Industrial Robotics Engineer in WV. The Industrial Robotics Engineer creates, develops and implements advanced solutions for Aurora’s advanced machine tool and robotic production systems. This position will use existing commercial software along with custom software solutions unique to the manufacturing system. Existing commercial programming software will be used to create part specific programs which will require modification using the Programming Software Engineers developed “post” and “post-post” processing codes specific to the production equipment capability and part geometry. This position will also contribute in the development and implementation of a custom software system to plan and execute work within an advanced automated system.
- Mature and implement custom solutions for production planning to ensure on-time start and completion while meeting quality requirements
- Train and develop operational staff to successfully perform daily production operations
- Develop machine tool programs to produce aerospace quality components using commercial and custom software tools
- Ensure that new and existing equipment programs are implemented/updated within established procedures function properly, meet specifications, and schedule objectives
- Support the technicians to assure that programs are validated before going into production
- Provides technical support in solving product quality problems with new and existing products
- Provide ongoing reports to department manager regarding project progress and project status
- Develop programming solutions that minimize material waste and technician time
- Utilize MasterCAM, RobotMaster, Verisurf, VCP, VCS, and similar type software tools for programming development and validation
- Stay current with software updates, provide training to partners and lead continuous improvement
- Must be a U.S. Person (citizen or permanent resident)
- B.S. degree or higher in an engineering field, such as computer, robotics, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, etc.
- Two-five years of work experience as a solutions and programmer developer for advanced manufacturing equipment
- Intermediate to advanced experience in creating post processing code for translation of commercial software code to machine code
- Candidates should have a zeal for working on high-functioning and diverse teams and for making real systems work
- Design experience with CATIA V5 or equivalent computer aided design software.
- Ability to support multiple tasks while ensuring timely and cost-effective completion
- Experience operating robotic and standard machining equipment
- Ability to work within manufacturing environment to include lifting and transporting objects up to 40 pounds as well as consistently stoop, crawl, bend, crouch, climb and kneel.
- Shift Requirements (Specify if irregular work hours or shift work will be required):
- Able to support production demands and schedule, may be asked to work extended work hours or non-standard shifts as required.
Aurora Company Overview:
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.