Position Description:Ardent is looking for Inpatient Coders to work part-time from home on nights and weekends! This is a remote opportunity.
Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 30 hospitals in six states with more than 25,000 employees including 1,150 employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked. Twelve of the company's hospitals were recognized by Modern Healthcare as "Best Places to Work" in 2019 – the twelfth consecutive year an Ardent facility made this list. Ardent's corporate office was named "Top Work Places" for Nashville based companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Inpatient Coder (Nights and Weekends)
The Inpatient Coder
will work part-time from home on nights and weekends and will bring to the table proven experience in all aspects of hospital coding, including the technical abilities to perform facility coding for hospital inpatient and outpatient services. To achieve appropriate and timely reimbursement and data integrity the Inpatient Coder
must ensure accurate and compliant application of correct coding principles for hospital services and participate in any coding-related projects.
The Inpatient Coder
is responsible for the following duties:
- Assigning ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes and present on admission (POA) indicators.
- Maintains at least a 95% accuracy rate.
- Maintains average to high productivity based on Ardent Shared Coding Productivity Standards.
- Abstracting of facility required data in the electronic system.
- Working applicable edits if needed.
- Generate appropriate queries as needed.
- Communication of issues to the Inpatient Coding Manager, as appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of ICD-10-CM/PCS Official Coding Guidelines for Coding and Reporting andAHA Coding Clinic.
- Thorough understanding of Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Groups (MS-DRGs).
- Understanding of coding resources and tools.
- Acknowledgment of receipt and review of updated Ardent coding policies.
- Maintains continuing education (CE) requirements per Ardent policy.
Position Requirements:Position Requirements Education
Experience & Requirements
- Successful completion of a Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Pharmacology course
- Coding/HIM certification (e.g. RHIA, RHIT, CCS)
- Minimum of 2 years coding/abstracting experience in hospital inpatient coding
- Advanced training in ICD-10
- Computer and software skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, encoder/grouper
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.