Holy Cross Health is a Hospital & Health Care institute that was founded in 1963 and headquartered in Silver Spring, MD. They have the vision to rehabilitate the patients quickly through their state-of-the-art healthcare facilities. To cure and diagnose the patients, they engage their employees in offering different special services such as Seniors, Neuroscience, Gynecologic Surgery, Maternity, Joints, Cancer, and much more. They entice, enthuse, and appreciate the efforts of their employees and award them different employment benefits such as health insurance, flexible spending account 401K plan, and much more. They prefer to incorporate creative, proactive, and professional candidates who can tackle the pressing situations of the patients carefully. They recruit new employees in different domains such as marketing communication specialists, clinical researchers, major gifts officers, food service cashiers, patient registration representatives, and much more.
The Lactation Consultant plans implements and evaluates the continuing educational activities for designated clinical areas. Under the direction of the Vice President, Women's, Infant's and Children and in collaboration with the Nurse Managers and the clinical staff, the Lactation Consultant serves as a resource for the lactation Program to improve nursing practice and quality of patient care.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (Preferred)
- Current licensure by Maryland State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse (Preferred)
- Board certified as a Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Ongoing membership in chosen certifying organization
- CPR certification or attendance one hired at a HCH CPR training class
- Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience in relevant clinical area
- Teaching experience preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in work schedule to meet breastfeeding education needs
- Ability to lift, push, pull patients and equipment and to bend body down at waist
- The Lactation Consultant sees patients in all areas under Women & Children's Services: High Risk Perinatal Center, Labor & Delivery, Maternity Suites, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatrics and any other area in the hospital as needed.
Reports directly to the Manager of Perinatal Programs
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.