Middle East Broadcasting Networks is a news organization in North Africa and the Middle East that delivers its content in the Arabic Language. The organization comprises two major television networks - Alhurra-Iraq and Alhurra; Maghreb Voices.com, Sawa radio, Irfaasawtak.com among other social media platforms. Middle East Broadcasting Networks enjoy an audience of over 27.5 million people in a week across the regions. The organization’s mission is to further opinions, ideas, and available perspectives in media across the Middle East and North Africa. The Company’s vision is to provide accurate, objective, and relevant information and news to accurately American policies, Americans, and America. Middle East Broadcasting Networks promotes values of freedom and democracy. When working with the organization, the compensation is always good, and importantly the organization offers a work-life balance. The organization's Employee benefits include vacation policy, retirement benefit, and insurance benefits.The job opportunities are Broadcast Technician, Broadcast Engineer, IT Specialist – TV Broadcasting and many more.
Interview Producer, Alhurra News
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a well informed journalist to create guest appearance ideas and secure guests for Alhurra News at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit, multimedia broadcaster that provides news and information to audiences in the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio and digital properties in support of US diplomacy.
The Interview Producer needs to maintain an up to date list of possible guests for all MBN output, grow and improve the list it as per the news agenda requirements. The Interview Producer researches the topic and the guest and prepares interview questions. On the day of the appearance, ensures their arrival on the set and serves as a newsroom ambassador whether the guest is appearing via link or during the guests stay at the station.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Interview Producer include, but are not limited to:
* Maintaining steady contact with assignment desk and bureaus to anticipate and determine appropriate guests for interviews.
* Maintaining a current network of contacts for a variety topics and points-of views to be contacted for support of live or taped programming.
* Activating contact network to ensure balanced guest representation for every guest segment.
* Making sure all guests are pre-interviewed and prepared for the requested segment.
* Preparing the presenter for any issue or detail they should be aware of prior to appearance.
* Researching all sources for the best guests and search actively for new and improved guest quality.
* Finding contacts for phone interviews in response to breaking news
* Monitoring show rundowns to stay apprised and ensure guest is in position and ready at the right time.
* Coordinating transportation and other arrangements for guests to ensure they are in place and ready for air.
* Extending a formal thank you letter/note on behalf of the network to each guest within one week of their appearance.
* Completing guest honorarium at the end of each month, submit to business manager for prompt payment to guest.
Candidates are required to have:
* Degree in journalism or communications or equivalent experience.
* 2-4 years of TV experience in a media production environment.
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
* Eagerness and interest in international and domestic political news and events.
* Ability to reach out and cultivate a large talented, informed network of contacts who can address relevant topics on air in a professional manner.
* Ability to make quick decisions regarding appropriate guest for breaking news
* Highly motivated self-starter.
* Knowledge of current world events as they relate to and impact the Middle East.
* Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
* A confident demeanor and excellent rapport when interacting with all levels of staff.
* Ability to prioritize and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, and provide quick turnaround against high-pressure deadlines.
* Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule to support 24/7 news environment.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Associated topics: chief, co producer, director, editor in chief, executive, film, floor manager, manager, principal editor, production