ChenMed is a medical center based in Florida, United States. The medical center is dedicated to providing value-centered quality healthcare for seniors. The organization aims to become leading American care providing medical center. ChenMed aims to provide superior and affordable care for the senior citizens of the city. They merge passion with purpose. Their purpose is to serve the community with their quality ensured medicated care. They have a loving, responsible, and passionate environment. ChenMed has a cooperative community of team members. They seek to hire people with appropriate skills and intelligent minds to provide patient-centered care for senior citizens.
The Senior IT Architect provides targeted support to key IT projects and also helps them align with overall ChenMed architecture direction and strategy. The incumbent in this role supports architecture strategy delivery through current system analysis, data profiling, data collection, etc. He/She analyzes data to validate business needs, understand gaps, quality concerns, etc. The Senior IT Architect is instrumental in meeting the ever-changing security needs of the organization and is expected to help support other architecture roles such as systems, network and security.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides design services, ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures; coordinates and defines requirements (i.e., design, configure, install, etc.).
- Performs architecture and engineering tasks of various complexities.
- Coordinates and participates in assigned projects, following the project from beginning to end, ensuring that the project continually supports the attainment of corporate goals and is completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner.
- Implements designs by writing scripts, configuring systems, servers, cloud resources, including testing, and debugging.
- Analyzes network, application and system requirements and produce efficient, secure, reliable, and cost-effective designs.
- Utilizes best practices for application engineering, component reuse, architecture design and technical standards, while maintaining an awareness of new/emerging technologies and their potential application to existing service offerings.
- Monitors trends in documented incidents and determines appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve customer service levels in an appropriate time frame.
- Applies architecture and engineering theories, methods and techniques to solve both process and technical challenges.
- Partners with engineering and operations teams to coach, mentor and train staff on new technologies. Assists with the implementation of new technologies/designs as needed.
- Identifies and anticipates problems and solutions and leads cross-functional efforts as an owner of a program's vision and strategy.
- Works with cross-functional teams across the development organization to ensure end-to-end technical and business viability.
- Creates solutions that answer current business needs and are scalable for future requests.
- Collaborates with the CTO, Chief, Data and other Application architects to establish a consistent and effective application development environment.
- Performs capacity analysis and planning of holistic enterprise datasets. Troubleshoots escalated issues across the entire stack: server, network, application, database, hardware.
- Researches opportunities to improve the effectiveness of applications and systems.
- Maintains, communicates and enforces guidelines for industry-recognized best practices of all aspects of data and application development efforts.
- Maintains program vision and strategy; ability to influence those outside of team on vision/strategy and decompose work for others.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of application, systems, network and security architecture technical domains
- Understanding of architectural solutions to address functional and non-functional requirements is critical, as is hands-on experience implementing technical solutions
- Understands that the architectural vision for the enterprise transcends the scope of individual project or effort
- Ability to influence and recommend a course of action to team members and management
- Provides technical direction to a team or multiple teams
- Ability to identify multi-quarter opportunities and break them up into quarterly objectives. Coordinates problem solving across multiple teams. Can resolve ambiguous and difficult problems
- Influences Multiple Business Units (IT/Product/Development)
- Recognized leader in one domain. Expert in at least one other. Familiar enough with domains not used in ChenMed to propose adoption where sensible
- Improves team productivity. Participates in recruiting
- Well-respected and viewed as a key contributor cross-functionally. Influences and builds consensus across diverse team(s). Is able to articulate Engineering requirements to business units, and understand and translate business need into Engineering design
- Knowledge on version control using GitHub and TFS, VSTS, Jenkins or similar
- Knowledge of building RESTful APIs
- Familiar with ASP.NET Core, MVC and Entity frameworks
- Expert in Java, Spring and JEE
- Knowledge in cloud technologies
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Ability to interact well with developers and other architects
- Ability to quickly learn project processes and their incorporation into the tools utilized
- Works successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- A minimum of 10 years of IT-related work experience required