Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States. We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
As the IT Field Support Desk Technician, you will support and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets for our regional and clinical team members. You will install, configure, diagnose, repair and upgrade all corporate hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance.
This is a full time direct position based at our Regional Office in Topeka with up to 40% travel to correctional facilities, regional offices, client and/or vendor sites.
- Support internal users to identify and deliver required PC service levels while providing excellent customer service.
- Assist in providing training and support to staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Receive and respond Level II Help Desk calls, e-mails and tickets regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Construct, install and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurement and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans and respond to crises in accordance with plans.
- Associate Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of Desktop Support experience.
- Help Desk call tracking system, Windows XP/7 OS, Office 2007/2010.
- Advanced skill in peripheral equipment repair.
- A+, MCP, MCSE certification preferred.
Corizon Health. Keywords: Help Desk Technician, Location: Carbondale, KS - 66414