Milestone Technologies, Inc.
Dream IT. Innovate IT. Achieve IT.
Since 1997, Milestone has been helping clients create and operate their critical IT infrastructures so they can focus on their core business. A few things that make us special:
Passionate Culture: We take pride in our people. Collaborating in a fun environment allows us to keep ideas fresh. We value diversity and encourage people to share their unique perspectives and experiences.
Boundless Opportunities: We love it when people explore. Being exposed to Fortune 100 companies allows our people to learn, grow, and be comfortable in many diverse environments.
Flexible Environment: We understand that personal issues and increased workload happens. We’ve built an environment where employees can balance their work and personal life which increases productivity and creates a healthy lifestyle.
We’ve got 1400 employees in over a dozen countries and growing. If you are interested in becoming a Milestonian, we’d love to hear from you.
Milestone Technologies, Inc. is seeking an IT Field Tech to assist in the management of IT operations and application support at local Uber offices. This position is responsible for maintaining quality IT services and driving change for the business.
Our goal is to deliver excellent technical and non-technical support with outstanding customer service and timeliness. This position is part of the IT team, so candidates must be passionate about technology, highly skilled at providing amazing customer service, and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
- Act as the primary contact for all Uber internal IT support requests.
- Provides hardware,software, and account Service Desk support and technical education to end users on computer, mobile devices, and printers.
- Troubleshoots Mac, Windows and Linux software and hardware for end users through service desk walk-ups, chat, video conference and Jira.
- Troubleshoots iPhone and Android mobile phones, iPads, Mifis, RDK kits and other IT related hardware in-office, such as printers.
- Sets up mobile phone, MDM, email, VPN, and internet access for users via secure company network.
- Triage, assign, resolve, or escalate all incoming tickets.
- General Network troubleshooting for network connectivity issues, including digital authentication, remote access, secure Wi-Fi and wired connectivity to the internal network.
- Acts as smart hands services for enterprise Tech Services teams.
- Procures, provisions and deploys equipment for end users
- Work with external vendors (ie Dell, CDW, Thresher, Arkphire, etc)
- Oversees the replenishment and allocation of inventory to their appropriate locations.
- Onboarding administration.
- Prepares new hire hardware for deployment.
- Educates new hires on new software and technology related procedures to secure a swift onboarding process.
- Performs set-ups, break-downs, and transports equipment, such as monitors on an as-needed basis for new and existing end users.
- Procures AV equipment
- Manage AV tickets and drive resolutions through the Jira ticketing system.
- Break/fix resolution for AV software and hardware
- Examines, designs, and implements new internal procedures to improve office procedures.
- Responsible for solving issues, driving enhancements, and improving support for all IT related functions on a day to day basis.
- Contact and collaborate with software and hardware vendors to solve technical issues as needed.
- A deep understanding of root-cause analysis.
- Strong understanding of Mac OS architecture.
- Ability to perform command line troubleshooting to resolve individual application failures.
- Mac OS X system administration and applications, including OS configuration, troubleshooting, and knowledge of applications including MS Office, VMware Fusion, Apple Remote Desktop.
- Strong knowledge of Windows. Linux knowledge is a plus.
- Resolve issues ranging from resolving registry conflicts to troubleshooting system crashes and performance issues.
- Troubleshooting and application support, including MS Office.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Active Directory and basic AD administration
- Google Apps for Business, including Mail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Groups
- Cloud storage services
- Basic terminal command knowledge
- Communications and video conferencing tools, including Zoom & Teem
- Issue and bug tracking software platforms, preferably JIRA
- Documentation tools such as Confluence
- Basic network understanding including TCP/IP, UDP, IP schemas, LAN/WAN design and administration, and wireless networking is desirable.
- Experience troubleshooting for Mac and Windows as related to video conferencing
- Familiarity with Crestron, Extron, Revolab
- Understanding of analog and digital signal flow; cable termination experience a plus
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service and provide simplified explanations of complex technical issues.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex user requests, and provide as much context and information as possible in order to deliver the best possible solution.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to support others in a team environment while also serving as a single point of tech support
- Ability to work with limited supervision and stay focused while performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs, infrastructure, and evolving business processes.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams and external vendors.
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to follow through and execute on assigned tasks
- Ability to identify and report trends